Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

TechDeck14 is offline Master Gamer

Default Is Relevant Knowledge spyware?

Is Relevant Knowledge spyware? Because it keeps popping up on me and it's installed.
    Last edited by TechDeck14; 06-20-2010 at 08:23 PM.

Zombie Cakes is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Is Relevant Knowledge spyware?

It would seem it is, according to the results I got off of Google.
    http://www.411-spyware.com/remove-relevantknowledge
    It also seems as though the one of the problems in the removal of this virus is to go digging in the Windows registry files later on in the process (which can prove to be dangerous)
    Knowing you've had virus issues in the past, I suggest backing up anything of importance to you (may it be on a CD, DVD etc), reformatting and getting a clean re-install of Windows on your computer

I have far greater things to be accomplishing than catering to your insubordination
    || arт worĸ || тυмвlr|| ѕтeaм || devιanтArt||

Saraneth is offline Amateur Gamer

When it comes to computer stuff, trust your instincts. If something doesn't seem right, get rid of it and choose a different program. If you've had problems in the past, you may have to just do a complete file backup and totally reinstall your OS.
    She gave me a puzzled frown like she thought offhand I was dead but the media's so unreliable these days.

Abiagail Coralmusic is offline Master Gamer

Get a virus checker, ONE YOU CAN TRUST! I would say on the safe side to just save what you want, then reinstall you computer.(like Zombie said) I had a virus problem but did not know where is can from. but it is now gone after our friend who is a computer technical person fixed it. But that cost about 100 dollars SO FIX YOUR COMPUTER WHILE YOU CAN!
    I am a Tribute(fan) of the Hunger Games Trilogy. I am a HG Adict and I loved the movie. I am Team Peeta!
    THE HUNGER GAMES LEGEND BEGINS!

TechDeck14 is offline Master Gamer

I successfully removed it. I got the instructions on how to remove it from google. I already know how to remove it but the website said how to make sure you don't have it.

zeeshan1153 is offline Newbie Explorer

Please be assured that comScore, the parent company of RelevantKnowledge, has invested substantial resources in making our data collection and privacy practices the best they can possibly be. Our company adheres to industry-accepted best practices regarding the collection and secure storage of the data collected by software such as RelevantKnowledge.
    comScore is recognized as a leader in the privacy space by organizations such as the OnlineTrust Alliance, where our co-founder Gian Fulgoni was a panelist earlier this year, along with representatives from the FTC and TRUSTe. (link to comScore, FTC and TRUSTe Headline Privacy Town Hall (comScore Voices)).
    If you have further questions about RelevantKnowledge, please visit our website: RelevantKnowledge: FAQs
    Thank you,
    RelevantKnowledge Customer Support Team