Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

TechDeck14 is offline Master Gamer

Default Quick Question

My power button turns my computer off completely (like when it restarts), but before it made it go to sleep (had to push it again to turn it back on) but when it was asleep and I turned it on, I never had to wait for the windows items to appear. Just today it has changed to turn off completely when I push it normally (holding will turn it off also) help? will give rep

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Quick Question

Were you holding it? Sometimes a soft click will only put it to sleep, while holding it for a few seconds will turn it off.

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

TechDeck14 is offline Master Gamer

I soft clicked it.

Was your computer low on power? Sometimes that happens to me when my lap top is low on power.

Elkric is offline Explorer

You should be able to set somewhere what happens when you push the button.
    So the setting probably got changed.

Elkric is offline Explorer

In Windows 7 when you open the Start Menu (by clicking the Start Icon on the Task Bar) on the bottom right there is a little box which says what happens when you push the "Power Button", Sleep, Shut Down, Switch User or whatever, right clicking that box brings up a menu (with only one item on my PC at least) click on "Properties" and you get a Dialog Box where you can change the "Power Button" action.

Ninja Anna is offline Amateur Gamer

I agree with Super Nova Alix. The same thing happens with my lap top when the battery is to low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Nova Alix View Post
    Was your computer low on power? Sometimes that happens to me when my lap top is low on power.
    You caught me off guard now I'm runnin' and screamin'. I feel like a hero and you are my hero*ne. And I feel a weakness comin' on never felt so good to be so wrong. Had my heart on lockdown!