Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Elura is offline Master Gamer

Default Question regarding max level combat gear - Answered...thank you!

I have the absolute worst luck in trying to get max level gear from battles. From the wheel spins, about 90% of the time I get coin, 5% of the time I get consumables, 4% of the time I get shards or other junk, and maybe 1% of the time I get gear, but NEVER max level gear. This has been going on since Sunstone Valley was introduced to the game. Other than two pair of Fully Loded miner boots harvested off ore spawns in SSV, I have not had a single new piece of max level gear (and my alt won a pair of Fully Loded miner boots off the wheel spin from the mini game right after I harvested the first pair).

For the Bonuses in these dungeons...I ALWAYS complete the bonus, but again, I NEVER get any max level gear. In fact, I've been playing FR off and on for over three years now and the only max level gear item I recall owning that I did not actually trade for or purchase was a pair of Arcane Master shoes which were aqua in color (I don't know what Arcane Master original color is).

What I am wondering, is do you have to do max level battles to be able to get this max level gear from the bonus task in battles, or can any battle that includes a bonus task give you a max level piece of gear (obviously a rare drop)? I am getting bored, and tired of wasting coin on potions to do max level battles and ALWAYS ending up with junk or somewhat useless items. If I could do some lower level battles and still have a chance at this max level gear, I'm more inclined to do so since I don't have to waste any coin on it and can just breeze through the battles.

I don't have to have original colors and only really want one set of each max level gear, with exception of Jonin where I would like my alt to have a complete set as well. I already have three pieces in black and all but the chest in original Jonin. Most of it I traded for or purchased though. I'm not like many people where I 'need' one of everything, to be satisfied, lol. I just happen to be extremely unlucky in getting any max level gear. I mean, seriously, why do they make it so impossible to gear up your characters at max level? I'm not saying it should come easy, but you shouldn't have to throw your whole life away on meaningless battles either.
    Last edited by Elura; 05-28-2013 at 03:30 AM.

bnbnbnbn34299 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Question regarding max level combat gear

The bonus gear only drops for the specific levels of the encounter. So the lower levels wont give you any. I'm actually glad the armor boosts from gear were taken away, as how we choose to appear has little(the star-boost flair shards affect this) effect on our performance. I don't care that much about max gear, though, although I do try a run once in a while.
    I hardly call this place perfect. But I'm a mess, who can't handle any friendship without ruining it and has no one to turn to now.
    I belong right here, and I'm not moving. Ever again.

So then what would be considered a 'rare' drop in a lower level encounter? Just the chance at SC colored items? Thank you for the reply Angela.

Edit: Oh, this question has to do with the 'bonus' task for the encounter.

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

You only get maxed level gear from tier 5 dungeons. You do not have to do the bonus if you are going for the original colors. If you want colored maxed gear then you must do the bonus objectives. The easiest way to obtain colored maxed gear is exploiting a glitch at tanglewood fort which allows you to complete the bonus objectives without actually having to fight anything. It is a little tricky to do so it may take some practice. For more information on the glitch, just google it or youtube. There are many guides that exist that will show you how to achieve the glitch. Even after you have mastered the glitch, receiving colored max gear is still no easy task. I have found that the average is roughly 1 piece of max gear roughly ever 20 minutes or so. But remember doing the bonus objective will reward you with a random piece and a random color so the odds of you getting the specific color/piece that you want are extremely low. There are 6 different pieces of armor and around 25-30 different colors, we are talking about hundreds of permutations. I would place the odds of you receiving the specific color/item combination that you want at least 1/500. In other words, good luck!

I honestly don't care if I get the right colors, I can always trade if I get a color someone else wants that has the color I want. I just want to actually be able to get the gear, which is literally impossible the way things are going right now. Hmm wow, a glitch huh? No wonder so many people seem to have so much better luck than me, lol. Thanks Zyon.

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

Luck definitely has something to do with it but it is mostly repetition. If you do something over and over enough times eventually you will see the results you were aiming for. Don't forget a lot of these "veterans" have played over 1k hours. I know one player who has almost every maxed level combat item in almost every color, he has invested over 3000 hours into the game. The things people will do for their pixels...

ADAM91 is offline Pro Gamer

wow i only have 1373 hours and 45 min
    only been playing for 2 years, on and off
    IGN: AÐAM
    CHECK OUT
    (THE BERET SHOPPE)
    BUYS OLD SCHOOL, PM ME

Aubss is offline Master Gamer

3195 hrs and 2 mins o___o geez
    Anyways, I always fail on the gear wheel as well. Yay for having things in common!

I have 1326 hours invested in this game. Definitely not 3k hours but still a lot of time. I joined right before they closed the vault, but I had no idea what the vault was or what the tickets were for so I never got anything from it. I didn't discover the vault until after it closed. I still have some tickets, lol.