Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

jrajra97 is offline Explorer

Default Posting a picture that ISNT to big for my album

Hey!
    I need a lil' help putting a pic in my album that isnt to big.
    Evry time i try, it says "picture is to large" And i tryed to crop it, but the same thing happend.
    The only way i can put a picture in is to erase like half the picture.

"Someboy Help!"
    ~T.Z~ The Cutest Lil' Pixie, Ya Ever Did See
    Currently don't have any Money Trees to Water Right now.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Posting a picture that ISNT to big for my album

I've been able to upload a ~1.5MB size picture before. Try to get it around there? I haven't tried any bigger of a file.
    Try to not use the BMP format for pictures. Regardless of size, FRI just can't upload BMP files. Uploading a single image at a time can also help if you're doing multiple uploads. If you don't want to crop the picture, changing the format to something of less size may sacrifice some of the quality so that you can upload it. JPG may have somewhat less detail, but it uses the least space while maintaining the initial colors, from what I've observed.
    The way I change the type of picture (BMP, for example) is to simply re-save the image and to specify a different type.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Nate is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPlayer View Post
    I've been able to upload a ~1.5MB size picture before. Try to get it around there? I haven't tried any bigger of a file.
    Try to not use the BMP format for pictures. Regardless of size, FRI just can't upload BMP files. Uploading a single image at a time can also help if you're doing multiple uploads. If you don't want to crop the picture, changing the format to something of less size may sacrifice some of the quality so that you can upload it. JPG may have somewhat less detail, but it uses the least space while maintaining the initial colors, from what I've observed.
    The way I change the type of picture (BMP, for example) is to simply re-save the image and to specify a different type.
    Exactly! You just CAN'T upload BMP because it's too big! Try JPG, it might have lower quality like RP said but it will upload!

Speed is offline Amateur Gamer

Do you mean big as in the physical picture is too big or the file is too large?
    Insider since May 2009

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Do you mean big as in the physical picture is too big or the file is too large?
    I'm pretty sure the dimensions won't make a difference. I had seen somebody's image uploaded to an album... even with my screen zoomed out to 10%, only a quarter or half of the image showed up.
    Now, my pixelated dimension telling thing isn't that great, but if my avatar were 50x50, then the above-mentioned image would be 2500x2500.
    Oh, hey, I found it. For the sake of this thread's expandability, I'll link it.
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...pictureid=6722
    Last edited by RandomPlayer; 04-26-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

jrajra97 is offline Explorer

Thanks guys! <3
    ~T.Z~ The Cutest Lil' Pixie, Ya Ever Did See
    Currently don't have any Money Trees to Water Right now.