Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

RedBear is offline Amateur Gamer

Icon8 PLEASE! Get me OUT of this screen! (Also 13 quests... GONE)

I can't take it anymore. The music is making me batty. It's my first day and its been just problems.

PROBLEM # TWO (yes, 2 is before 1)
    I had to uninstall and reinstall the software -- TWICE.
    -->I was hoping to fix the problem with the Chef Job/Game in the tutorial and hoped it would start working if I reinstalled the game. Didn't make one bit of difference but at least all game stats were all intact. (I saw another thread on stuck Chef/Cooking so I now know that its not me.)
    -->Then, I saw Justin's video with the dock. I didnt have one. I've been brainwashed by CSRs and just heard a little voice saying, "it's your computer. reinstall the software, clear your cookies and cache. it's you, its not us". I thought, hey, maybe its the screen resolution. So, I adjusted it to 1024x768. No dock there! I hated the new screen size. You'd think that I could revert, right? Wrong! Never click 1024x768 when you need "window", unless you are sure you want it. No problem, I'll reinstall. It was rather painless last time! Except ... this time I deleted the "GAME INFO". Turned out it was them and not me. There is no dock in the tutorial.

Can you guess what deleting the GAME INFO did? That's right, erased my progress amd my 13 quests are gone. Yet, I cannot go back and redo them. (Guess that's bc Sony has the correct information--somewhere.) So, how do I get the credit back?

PROBLEM # ONE
    Please, for the love of all things that are FREE, help get me out of this screen!! The music is making me . Here are one of the three numbers that it gets stuck on: 7.6mb, 5.9mb or 4.0mb.

My laptop is way more than sufficient for this site, I am well past the minimum requirements. I even hard-wired it so nothing could interfere with the wireless connection. Naturally, I did all the usual things CSRs tell you to do when it "must be you". Cleared cookies, cleared cache, shut down computer (for 30min), rebooted. Tried two browsers.

Last edited by RedBear; 05-23-2009 at 05:29 AM.

Yarcofin is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: PLEASE! Get me OUT of this screen! (Also 13 quests... GONE)

I only have a solution for the music... you can turn it off in the game settings. But then you'll just have a blank loading screen.

I can't suggest any solutions to the other problems because I've never heard of anything like that happening... I've now played for nearly 200 hours and I've never had to reinstall or clear anything. Sounds like you are creating most of the problems yourself by deleting stuff you shouldn't. My only suggestion would be to delete EVERYTHING one more time, start fresh, and then don't touch the files after that.

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

I would contact SOE about problem #2. Oh - have you tried clearing your cache and then going back to the site for it to download? that may work... Or if not, you could try uninstalling the game entirely and then hope it reloads.

Are you on Windows Vista?

If so, click on the Start Button

Control Panel

Programs - "Uninstall a Program"

and click on "Free Realms Installer"

***************************************************************** ********************

Also, here's info directly from freerealms.com under Customer Support:

Follow these easy steps to uninstall Free Realms from your computer:

1. Make sure all of your internet browsers are closed.
    2. Click on the Start button, then on Computer, or My Computer.
    3. Double click on the C: drive.
    4. Double click on Program Files.
    5. Double click on the Sony Online Entertainment folder in the list.
    6. Double click on the uninst file in this folder.

You're all done! This will uninstall the game from your computer.
    Or these are the instructions Fairlyoddmom posted:
    It looks like the application (at least in my system) is called {Product_Name}.

If you go to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs

Mine was the first on the list because of the character "{".

There should be the tree icon next to it.
    SOE has great support and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Your data may have saved to one of Freerealms own data servers and will possibly never be deleted unless they are willing to but I'm not sure if they are even able to do so, this also means that if you delete your data on your computer it will still be there on the Freerealms database. The only way to fix this would be to make an new account or if you have a membership, new character, and there might be a way also to get the data from the Freerealms data site but I'm not sure if that's easy either. This is just a theory and might explain what happened after you deleted your information and game.

Also, i think you might have been able to press the "Esc" to get to the graphics manager.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Quote Originally Posted by MissGnomie View Post
    I would contact SOE about problem #2. Oh - have you tried clearing your cache and then going back to the site for it to download? that may work... Or if not, you could try uninstalling the game entirely and then hope it reloads.

Or these are the instructions Fairlyoddmom posted:
    SOE has great support and may be able to point you in the right direction.
    lol. yes, i did all that -- its in my post

Quote Originally Posted by Yarcofin View Post
    I only have a solution for the music... you can turn it off in the game settings. But then you'll just have a blank loading screen.

I can't suggest any solutions to the other problems because I've never heard of anything like that happening... I've now played for nearly 200 hours and I've never had to reinstall or clear anything. Sounds like you are creating most of the problems yourself by deleting stuff you shouldn't. My only suggestion would be to delete EVERYTHING one more time, start fresh, and then don't touch the files after that.
    the problem of missing quests was caused by my 2nd deletion of the game, yes.

the problem with the chef game; however, isnt me. someone else is having this problem, she figured out how to fix it but didnt say how she fixed it.

not sure deleting AGAIN wil help.

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    Your data may have saved to one of Freerealms own data servers and will possibly never be deleted unless they are willing to but I'm not sure if they are even able to do so, this also means that if you delete your data on your computer it will still be there on the Freerealms database. The only way to fix this would be to make an new account or if you have a membership, new character, and there might be a way also to get the data from the Freerealms data site but I'm not sure if that's easy either. This is just a theory and might explain what happened after you deleted your information and game.

Also, i think you might have been able to press the "Esc" to get to the graphics manager.
    yes, i'm pretty sure that freerealms has the correct information. would just like to get mine to do so as well.

if i make a new character, can i delete the old character? (i'd like to keep the name)

once i figure out how to actually get a real person, i'll see if freerealms can help me get the data on my computer. thanks!!
    Last edited by RedBear; 05-23-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The screen problem solved itself! WOOHOO!!

The other problem wasn't really a problem. Turns out, when you go from the tutorial to the next level, the Quests turn into a "Collection" and you start fresh.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who attempted to help me, I do appreciate it!