Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Default Player Studio Troubles

Hey! I have finally decided (In 5 minutes) to try out making my own In-Game item. I have downloaded the most recent version of Blender.

1. I have no previous Knowledge of 3D animating.
    2. I tried downloading the samples from the Free Realms website, and my computer informed me that "WinRAR is not free software" and to remove it from my computer after a 40 day free trial, or buy the software.
    3. I seriously need someone to point me in the right direction for 3D animations, I'm sure I can get a handle on it, but I have no place to begin without some guidance.

Can someone help me out with all this? It seems really confusing.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

Shyshadow is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Player Studio Troubles

I looked for some tutorials for Blender but didn't find what I was looking for. I then tried Wings3D and found a tutorial on building a simple table which helped me with figuring out how to build other things.
    This is the video I found that helped me build my item i'm ready to send in. Link: http://youtu.be/p2Uzd7L1LuE If you pay attention to what tools she uses and what tools do what, you'll be on your way to building somethin'.

I downloaded Wings3D and played around with it for a looong time and finally built something. The only thing I don't know is how we're supposed to send it in. Is it supposed to be an almost finished product and ready to be put into a game? (like the pictures they showed at SOE live) <-- those entries looked like they were ready to go in-game by tomorrow xD. Do we just send in a a rough 3D copy of our item and they do the rest?
    Last edited by Shyshadow; 10-20-2012 at 06:35 AM.

IGN: Shyshadow

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Shyshadow View Post
    I looked for some tutorials for Blender but didn't find what I was looking for. I then tried Wings3D and found a tutorial on building a simple table which helped me with figuring out how to build other things.
    This is the video I found that helped me build my item i'm ready to send in. Link: Wings3D Modeling Tutorial (2) Model a Table - YouTube If you pay attention to what tools she uses and what tools do what, you'll be on your way to building somethin'.

I downloaded Wings3D and played around with it for a looong time and finally built something. The only thing I don't know is how we're supposed to send it in. Is it supposed to be an almost finished product and ready to be put into a game? (like the pictures they showed at SOE live) <-- those entries looked like they were ready to go in-game by tomorrow xD. Do we just send in a a rough 3D copy of our item and they do the rest?
    Your item i supposed to be 100% ready. All they will do is add the price. If it's not 100% ready; they won't be accepted.

Baybo is offline Master Gamer

Blender? On Free realms?

True story!

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Baybo View Post
    Blender? On Free realms?
    Blender is a 3D animating and modeling program. You use it to make 3D items that FR MAY consider to put in the SC market.

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

So I should download Wings3D instead? I wish animation wasn't so complicated.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."