Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Luke Flamehero is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Petition to make DDD quests/battles easier

I've made this thread so that we can get together enough people to object to the insane difficulty level of the Free Realms DDD quests and battles. Roughly 260 people have beaten the 'Defeating Diggs' quest at level 9 and even fewer from there. If this game's target market is 9-14 year olds - how on earth do they think that they will be able to complete these quests. I partly think that they made this job this way so that players would be tempted to buy SC karts/parts in hope that they would enhance their performace... well, from what I've heard - the parts don't make any difference at all. I may be wrong there but still, if you look at all the variables here - this job needs to be changed. I'm fairly sure that by keeping the job this way, yes some people will buy the SC parts, but it's possible that players may also get VERY frustrated and stop playing the game/as much.

From the latest FreeCast podcast, made by Monthi, Pex perhaps hinted at making the DDD job easier - but we don't know yet.

Yes, I may be going over the top here, but if this game was meant to be casual and fun - this job is not living up to expectations.

Please comment and talk about this on THIS THREAD, so that we can get as many posts as possible and SOE may think about changing something.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Petition to make DDD quests/battles easier

I would suggest creating a thread on the official forums as well. That's where pex likes to hang out.

You could guide people from here to there and they [Important FR people?] would be most likely to notice!

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

alexko9 is offline Master Gamer

ok i sign my name Alexko9

FR4life is offline Master Gamer

I agree. They should make the DDD quest line easier. I'm stuck at the quest where u go to Lakeshore & help Marigold serve customers so she can buy [can't remember his name] a new cart. Its impossible to serve everyone in the little amount of time u get.

~FR4life
    Last edited by FR4life; 10-04-2009 at 09:44 AM.

skycon is offline Pro Gamer

I agree too. they shoud make it easier

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    I would suggest creating a thread on the official forums as well. That's where pex likes to hang out.

You could guide people from here to there and they [Important FR people?] would be most likely to notice!
    The official forums don't work for me, I get some HTTP 500 internal server error thing. Maybe you could spread the word for me?

Cyrano is offline Amateur Gamer

petitions and protests are forbidden on the sony forums, and in game. You will get the message removed, and become subject to suspension and banning from the forums. If you attempt to coordinate any such effort in game you become subject to suspension and banning in game.

SoE doesn't want any coordinated efforts by their player base in such a fashion (this is a value free statement, not implying judgment). Encouraging people here to contribute their thoughts to a thread on the sony forum, without indicating any type of protest or petition is probably the most you can expect to get away with.

The best two things you can do actually are:

1) never play a derby game, or attempt a derby quest. don't level up your derby job.
    2) cancel your paying membership, send them a message why.

There are some things that are simply never going to change, for various reasons, not the least of which is that the devs get told how much time they have to spend on a particular project -- by the bean counters -- and they simply won't be allowed to use manhours of work after that whether it works smoothly or not. This is poor management, but you are unlikely to ever be able to talk to someone at Sony who is either responsible for it, or who can do anything about it -- those people are shielded from communications with ordinary users. (you can't even get the names or even an accurate count on who exactly or how many people work on FreeRealms)

Community relations people are hired to transmit the messages that management wants you to hear, and to filter reactions back to them in an "approved" manner. Past a certain point it will be made clear to them that further "feedback" on certain topics or issues will not be welcome, and beyond that it is simple survival instinct kicking in. When you add in the amount of "noise" (technical term related to information theory) that is generated by the player base on a daily basis with absurd suggestions, comments, and problems, it is likely that a number of the real issues get dismissed as part and parcel of the rest.

Certainly you should go ahead and post your thoughts on issues that concern you. But even in those cases where it is clear that a large percentage of the player base is outraged, it is rare that management can be persuaded to change their minds by that player base, unless the bottom line numbers say that you are losing people (and even then it doesn't always do anything, look at SWG).
    "Youth and enthusiasm are no match for Old age and Treachery" -- Lucretia Borgia

Christopher Darkcove is offline Master Gamer

Oh i had the same problem... i have a new account and it is working fine for me.
    I'm not formillier with the forums...but i would like the ddd quests easier.

Christopher Darkcove
    Huh? I see that you aren't "Undercover". Well grab a mustache and join the fun!

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

It's not roughly 260 people, it is exactly. Exactly 260 players in all of FreeRealms have completed one of the Frost Ridge quests, about 6-7 of which are users we all know and talk to. I spoke to some of them, and they are stuck on the quest immediately after that quest. Judging by the difficulty, I would estimate 50 players in all of FreeRealms have completed the entire questline, and I would guess that at least ninety percent of those players are adults, or at least people not within the target group.
    This will make no difference, Luke. Firstly, most people don't have supercomputers that can withstand the amount of pressure some of the arenas put on the memory of their computers, making your reflexes in game that much slower, which can severely impact your performance. Therefore, easing the quests may not be the problem, but easing the obscene graphics of the arenas could increase a player's chances of completing the quests drastically.
    Secondly, the average gaming company will tinker around with new content for a few weeks, but once it's done, it's done. They will touch it no more unless some extraordinary idea or a severe problem arises, and I highly doubt either will occur to this questline in SOE's POV. They see their game with tons of things to do (which is serious exaggeration... very serious...), so a problem to SOE one job's difficulty does not make.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Well they did make the quests easier once before so I wasn't sure if they'd do it again. Also, about the fact that the issue is perhaps with your computers performance/lag issues - I would not know as my computer is fine with it. Erm, I didn't know what to expect really and there hasn't been much positive feedback so the thread can just be closed...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast