Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Tal-N is offline Newbie Explorer

Default Other ways to get TCG cards?

Hi, I've been slowly making my way through the card duelist quests and seem to be running into some problems with Edna the Brain and the postman pixie in Seaside. Both of them seem to have card decks which seem almost totally unbeatable without a lot of luck. Edna has the ability to drain away cards I've scored with her challenge deck and has quite a significant headstart to begin with. Soon as I start to make any progress against her she pulls her trick cards and my score drops like a brick. Then there is the postman pixie (forget his name) at Seaside who has cards which stun like crazy and almost everu card he draws in a fight has 4 gems.

Now I'm using cards from my starter deck, the free code deck, the cards won from the first part of the Shattered Past quest and what I've won from the other duelists up to this point. The deck I'm using obviously has some weaknesses but without new cards there isn't much else I can do. I'm not even getting lucky with my daily spin to get new cards that way. If I can't even beat the in-game quests, what chance do I have against other players?!

Do I really need to pay out for more cards from the SC Store or is there some other way to get more cards I'm not aware of?

Default Re: Other ways to get TCG cards?

You can buy those Shattered Past or any other booster pack in real life.

K-ON!
    I don't suggest you to open the following spoiler. I think it'll explode! Run!
    Spoiler: show
    Silly you, why did you open the spoiler? Haha.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

If you're a member, you'll receive a free monthly booster pack, if that helps at all. Boosters and starter decks can also be purchased at select retailers (but I think only in the US). You can try to buy card codes from members here, rather than trade for the cards via TCG.
    The postman pixie in Seaside is Jammie Swiftsong (and a she). Her deck was one of the worst for me; the endless stuns made it difficult to fight back at all. But TCG is a game based greatly on luck. Persistence is what got me through Jammie and the following duelists, and I'm sure it helped many other players with starter decks. Pacing yourself, playing her five times a day, for example, may help with reducing frustration with losses, since frustration seems to greatly hinder one's performance. You also don't want to forfeit the match unless your loss is absolutely guaranteed. You never know how Lady Luck may turn on the enemy.
    As a final note, some TCG players are in just as tight a spot as you, where they're reluctant or cannot get more than a few free cards. Some players are a lot easier than the NPCs, whereas others could win against an NPC in a heartbeat. On average, a player may be a tad easier to defeat than an NPC like Jammie.

Best of luck to you.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Pilar is offline Master Gamer

The free digital starter deck has been put together well enough that it can get you through all the Card Duelist quests ( with a lot of luck and persistence ) . If you don't seem to have a good draw at first , feel free to quit and try again . As far as I know , there is no penalty for losing a game to the NPCs . Good luck !

Tal-N is offline Newbie Explorer

Thanks folks, I deceided to purchase a booster and it was just the ticket to beating Agatha the Brain, or whatever her name was. Still got my butt handed to me in one of the TCG tournies today but at least I leard a lot.