Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Title: Orange Names?

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

Default Orange Names?

Well, I was just in-game with my best friend and was completely baffled by my orange name when I logged on...I was in Blackspore, so I noticed the other people there also had orange names, but some still had light blue. I thought it was just a color malfunction on my screen, but when my friend logged on, she told me her name was orange, too! Does anyone know why some people have orange names while others still have light blue names?

~ ‚ÄčKISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

GabbyClark1 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Orange Names?

It means that they are a member.

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

Ohh, thank you! Does anyone know if there's any way to get the light blue back besides losing the membership? I really prefer light blue...

~ ‚ÄčKISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

I'm pretty sure losing membership is the only way. Either that or there might be something in settings letting you change it...

Benny Darklight is offline Amateur Gamer

Ahem - There are NO orange names, to end all confusion. There is the light green names, for non-members; pink names, for refs/admins; and GOLD names; for members - which is what you probably got confused.

Yes, the only way to convert back to the old names is to loose your membership. They added it so you can tell members from non-members. So I highly doubt they will allow you to turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Darklight View Post
    Ahem - There are NO orange names, to end all confusion. There is the light green names, for non-members; pink names, for refs/admins; and GOLD names; for members - which is what you probably got confused.

Yes, the only way to convert back to the old names is to loose your membership. They added it so you can tell members from non-members. So I highly doubt they will allow you to turn it off.
    I don't think you had to make a big deal of it being gold not orange. As long as people understand what was meant by orange names, which they did, then there is no need to point out what color the names are.

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Here is a quick reflex answer: "Send a ticket." (:

I don't like the color-coded names. IMHO, it is a form of discrimination, because a player can "discriminate" between a member from a non-member. We already have the VIP ranking, is it really necessary to have color-coded names in the game?
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

I agree with Brett, I don't like these gold names.

It probably makes the non-members feel...Even slightly...Ashamed? Of not having membership. SOE really know how to pile on the pressure :/
    hello

RayWonderMetal is offline Pro Gamer

yeah and my favourite colour is light blue! I was gonna make my best friend a rare account for a christmas present so she doesn't get called a newb...but she might get teased about being a non-member. :/ sony...come on pick yourself up...true discrimination this is.
    ~ I wish everyone the best as they depart from the lovely world and community of Free Realms ~

Benny Solarhammer is offline Master Gamer

Yeah... it's not very fair. $OE's method is simple: Try to get as many people to buy membership as they can using any method they can. Unfortunately.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast