Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Title: Newbie's Guide to Free Realms Insider

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

Default Newbie's Guide to Free Realms Insider

Hello! I'm making this guide for not just the newbies, but for those old Insiders who never got to learning a few things they need to know (: I'm going to try to cover everything useful, but I might forget a few things, and if I do , Please tell me so I can update (:

Pictures ( Signitures,Avatars Profile Pictures)

A lot of the questions asked here have to do with pictures. We do have 2 guides to this, but I feel the need to put it here anyway.

Avatars: An avatar is the picture displayed beside your name whenever you post. They are often referred to as avvies.

You start out with an avatar of a white person. To change it go to the Settings button located in the right hand corner of the screen, next to your profile. Click the button and scroll alllll the way to the bottom. There you will see a button that says Edit Avatar. Click that button, and you will be taken to the editing avatar page (: If you have under 10 posts, you can only use a easy avatar. Their are about 20 choices. If you have over 10 posts you can use a custom avvie. Click the Browse button and find one saved to your computer. Click Save Changes and you have an avatar!

Signiture: A signiture is displayed under all your posts. It is often referred to as a siggie.

You start out with no signiture. To get a signiture you go to the Settings button beside the profile button in the right hand corner, and scroll all the way down. You will see a button that says Edit Signiture. Click that button. In the box, type a quote, insert a picture from your computer or a URL, or whatever you want to say. Click save to save your signiture (:

Profile Picture: A profile picture is displayed on your profile page. Whenever you create a blog, you will see your profile picture beside your name. There is no official nickname for a profile picture.

You start out with a white person profile picture. To change it , go to the settings button located next to the profile button at the right hand corner, and scroll to the bottom, click the edit profile picture button. Push Browse and upload a picture from your computer, or enter a URL.

Screen Pics: Taking a picture of yourself in-game.

To take a screen pic, Pull up Paint or something simular to it , and go in game. Click the prt sc button ( Usually located above the arrow-keys at the top) and go back to Paint and push Copy. To upload it onto here, follow the directions above.

Messaging

Need to keep up with your friends? Of course you do! Here's how:

Private Message: A message sent to a person's inbox, No one can see it but the person it was sent to. It is often referred to as a PM.

To send a private message, go to the person's profile you want to send it to, and click Send Private Message. It will take you to a screen you may fill to send to the person.

Visitor Message: A message put on your friend's profile. Everyone can see it there. To respond to a VM, Leave your message on your friend's profile, not yours, where they will more likely see it, as they will get a notification (: They are commonly referred to as a VM.

To send a VM go to the friend's profile and type in the box what you want to say. It's pretty simple. You will get a notification when you receive a VM.

Blogs

Ah, Blogs. Most of us are familiar with them. If you have something to say, but you dont think it would be very useful as a thread, make a blog! Wanna tell us about something special that happened today? Blog time! I pretty much just told you what a blog is.

Blogs: Displayed under the recent posts section of the forum.

If you just want to tell people your bored, Please dont bother making a blog, as it is often considered spamming, and blocks more useful blogs out.

Status

Status: Displayed next to your avatar. It tells what level gamer you are, your name, how many posts you have, and your join month and year.

You start as a Newbies Explorer. After 10 posts, you become an Explorer. At 100 posts, you become a amatuer gamer, After 500, You become a Pro gamer, and last but not least, When you reach 1,000 posts, you will become a Master Gamer.
    Stars are under your name too, And also fill at your number of posts. A sticky guide on this topic is located in the Help section by Claire Goldenbeach.

Threads
    Threads are the first post on a topic in the forums. The rest are considered posts. Threads can be made by everyone, but Sticky Threads can only be made by staff members.

Friends and Contacts and Groups
    To add a friend , Visit their profile and push the add friend button under their profile picture. Your friends will be displayed under your name on your profile

Groups: A group of people who all believe or enjoy the same thing. To join a group, push the group settings and click Join Group. Groups are displayed under the friends on your profile.

Groups
    ( To be edited )
    A few more things that didnt fit up there
    To report a mean post, Click the report button, shaped like a red triange with an exclamation mark in the middle.

To give reputation to a post or thread, click the starish shaped button under a post. Give reputation to helpful posts (:

Dont give personal information! Any personal information too serious could get you banned , and the post will be removed anyway.

Be kind, not rude. Be nice to everyone you can, even if they arent being nice to you.

Red and sky blue are reserved for staff. Please dont use them unless , you are, a staff member xD

Ok, That's all. Did I miss anything? If you have any questions, feel free to ask them and I'll try to answer them (: Was this helpful , or no ? I hope this helped!

- Claire

P.S. All reminders of things I missed, Good-jobs, and reputation points are appreciated greatly (: Dont know how to give rep? Well you should since I put it in there xD
    Last edited by Princess Claire; 05-15-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    crystal likes this.

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Default Re: Newbie's Guide to Free Realms Insider

Thanks Claire that helped alot
    <Volcom>
    ''But you will never get to see these tears I cry.''

Lollipop is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Claire View Post
    Hello! I'm making this guide for not just the newbies, but for those old Insiders who never got to learning a few things they need to know (: I'm going to try to cover everything useful, but I might forget a few things, and if I do , Please tell me so I can update (:

Pictures ( Signitures,Avatars Profile Pictures)

A lot of the questions asked here have to do with pictures. We do have 2 guides to this, but I feel the need to put it here anyway.

Avatars: An avatar is the picture displayed beside your name whenever you post. They are often referred to as avvies.

You start out with an avatar of a white person. To change it go to the Settings button located in the right hand corner of the screen, next to your profile. Click the button and scroll alllll the way to the bottom. There you will see a button that says Edit Avatar. Click that button, and you will be taken to the editing avatar page (: If you have under 10 posts, you can only use a easy avatar. Their are about 20 choices. If you have over 10 posts you can use a custom avvie. Click the Browse button and find one saved to your computer. Click Save Changes and you have an avatar!

Signiture: A signiture is displayed under all your posts. It is often referred to as a siggie.

You start out with no signiture. To get a signiture you go to the Settings button beside the profile button in the right hand corner, and scroll all the way down. You will see a button that says Edit Signiture. Click that button. In the box, type a quote, insert a picture from your computer or a URL, or whatever you want to say. Click save to save your signiture (:

Profile Picture: A profile picture is displayed on your profile page. Whenever you create a blog, you will see your profile picture beside your name. There is no official nickname for a profile picture.

You start out with a white person profile picture. To change it , go to the settings button located next to the profile button at the right hand corner, and scroll to the bottom, click the edit profile picture button. Push Browse and upload a picture from your computer, or enter a URL.

Screen Pics: Taking a picture of yourself in-game.

To take a screen pic, Pull up Paint or something simular to it , and go in game. Click the prt sc button ( Usually located above the arrow-keys at the top) and go back to Paint and push Copy. To upload it onto here, follow the directions above.

Messaging

Need to keep up with your friends? Of course you do! Here's how:

Private Message: A message sent to a person's inbox, No one can see it but the person it was sent to. It is often referred to as a PM.

To send a private message, go to the person's profile you want to send it to, and click Send Private Message. It will take you to a screen you may fill to send to the person.

Visitor Message: A message put on your friend's profile. Everyone can see it there. To respond to a VM, Leave your message on your friend's profile, not yours, where they will more likely see it, as they will get a notification (: They are commonly referred to as a VM.

To send a VM go to the friend's profile and type in the box what you want to say. It's pretty simple. You will get a notification when you receive a VM.

Blogs

Ah, Blogs. Most of us are familiar with them. If you have something to say, but you dont think it would be very useful as a thread, make a blog! Wanna tell us about something special that happened today? Blog time! I pretty much just told you what a blog is.

Blogs: Displayed under the recent posts section of the forum.

If you just want to tell people your bored, Please dont bother making a blog, as it is often considered spamming, and blocks more useful blogs out.

Status

Status: Displayed next to your avatar. It tells what level gamer you are, your name, how many posts you have, and your join month and year.

You start as a Newbies Explorer. After 10 posts, you become an Explorer. At 100 posts, you become a amatuer gamer, After 500, You become a Pro gamer, and last but not least, When you reach 1,000 posts, you will become a Master Gamer.
    Stars are under your name too, And also fill at your number of posts. A sticky guide on this topic is located in the Help section by Claire Goldenbeach.

Threads
    Threads are the first post on a topic in the forums. The rest are considered posts. Threads can be made by everyone, but Sticky Threads can only be made by staff members.

Friends and Contacts and Groups
    To add a friend , Visit their profile and push the add friend button under their profile picture. Your friends will be displayed under your name on your profile

Groups: A group of people who all believe or enjoy the same thing. To join a group, push the group settings and click Join Group. Groups are displayed under the friends on your profile.

A few more things that didnt fit up there
    To report a mean post, Click the report button, shaped like a red triange with an exclamation mark in the middle.

To give reputation to a post or thread, click the starish shaped button under a post. Give reputation to helpful posts (:

Dont give personal information! Any personal information too serious could get you banned , and the post will be removed anyway.

Be kind, not rude. Be nice to everyone you can, even if they arent being nice to you.

Ok, That's all. Did I miss anything? If you have any questions, feel free to ask them and I'll try to answer them (: Was this helpful , or no ? I hope this helped!

- Claire
    I can't think of anything you missed

"There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for." -Samwise Gamgee

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Crimsondawn1 View Post
    Thanks Claire that helped alot
    Your welcome! Im glad I could help (:

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Quote Originally Posted by Lollipop View Post
    I can't think of anything you missed
    Yay! Im sure someone will, But I'm glad I covered the basics (:

I am sure alot of people will get alot of help from this
    <Volcom>

Awww, Ty (:

Np, but its true alot of people will benifit from this
    <Volcom>

Owl Becca is offline Master Gamer

I added to your reputatation!!! That was very helpful!!

Why ty! I feel so speeeeshulll!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast