Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Oona is offline Explorer

Default New Person's Questions about Spooktacular

This is my first Spooktacular and I have a few questions.

The first one doesn't have anything to do with Spooktacular, but it's the reason I have to ask the newbie questions in these forums instead of in the game: Why can't I chat or whisper to anyone? I can type into the box just fine so my browser's working, but the text doesn't seem to enter the game. I can't whisper either. And QuickChat doesn't work. What should I do?

Next, I killed the Pumpkin Prince in the cemetery quest, but what does it mean when the Pumpkin Prince appears in Snowhill, Bristlewood, ect? Once he's announced in an area, how long does he stay there? I was in Merryvale and got a message once that said he had been killed in another place in the game. Another time, I saw him in Snowhill. People were attacking him and his health bar was halfway down. I tried to join in but I couldn't attack him, no matter what I tried. How do people do that? How do they find him? How can I join in the fun?

I did the trick or treat quests the first night they were loaded (I think. I scared the npcs in pixiewood, got the wolf fur and bones and carmel apple ingredients). Do they ever change from day to day?

And what is the Werewolf/Vampire danceoff? I've read that it involves quests over there and I've gone many times to check it out but since I can't chat, I can't ask anyone anything. Grrrrrr...

What else would you like to tell newcomer about Spooktacular? I have a level 20 warrior that can do most of the battles that quests might require, I think. I'm not asking for cheats or anything that would spoil anyone's fun, but I'd like to find out all the things to do. I just can't ask in the game.

GrrrrrGrrrrr....

AlyssaBrightsong is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: New Person's Questions about Spooktacular

well the chat issue is probably just a glitch. it might work in a few days. the pumpkin prince roams the realms. he stays in certain places for a couple minutes. to attack him, look for the items that pop up whenever he comes. i haven't really done that yet so im not sure what it is this year but they will be on the ground and you click on them and then press the #1 around him and it will attack him. no, daily quests don't change. the vamps vs. wolf quests are just that. quests. go to the different camps and look around and fine the people who start the quest lines. they will either be a wolf or a vamp. you might get a few items from these quests idk cuz last year i wasn't a member and i haven't really done anything in spooktacular this year.

Insider since August 1, 2010

First off- Welcome to FR & FRI ! Yes, I'll agree chat is probably a glitch. You can send in a ticket by going to customer service under help on your FR profile page. It's happened to me before. After a couple of days it was fixed.

This is my first Spooktactular also.I just port to where-ever it says the pumpkin prince is & follow everybody. As you get close to him green arrows will point to ectoplasm dispensers. They're purple box looking things, like the seed changer in farming. Click X to load up then press 3 to attack.
    I started back when they were doing the valentines stuff and it took me till the birthday bash to figure out how it worked. (They do something similar for those events.)

Ditto Alyssa, the quest don't change, but what you get changes daily. If you put on your spectral goggles there is a ghost in sanctuary - Tabitha- (quest is ghost hide & seek)- & speaking to Halloween Harry after you trick or treat seems to give the best chances of getting a costume or face paint card. (Just my opinion) So I'd try at least those two daily, however, I think that Tabitha is a members only. I haven't done the dance off so no info on that .
    Good Luck!!
    Last edited by realities_paradox; 10-18-2011 at 07:13 PM.

AlyssaBrightsong is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by realities_paradox View Post
    If you put on your spectral goggles there is a ghost in sanctuary - Tabitha- (quest is ghost hide & seek)- & speaking to Halloween Harry after you trick or treat seems to give the best chances of getting a costume or face paint card. (Just my opinion) So I'd try at least those two daily, however, I think that Tabitha is a members only. I haven't done the dance off so no info on that .
    Good Luck!!
    oh i didn't know that! yay i guess i'll check that out

Insider since August 1, 2010

Oona is offline Explorer

Thanks, AlyssaBrightsong and Realities_Paradox, for your welcoming responses. I have the spectral goggles and I've done Tabitha's quest, but I'll go back and do the Pixiewood quests again daily if there's any variation on them. And particular thanks to you, Realities, for sharing what it took you a while to learn about the Pumpkin Prince. I wasn't yet in Free Realms at its birthday, so I had no idea about the ecotplasmic boxes.

The Pumpkin Prince might have to get a court order against me for stalking him now, LOL.

Edited to add: I have another question: Does the Pumpkin Prince have a curfew? I saw him killed in Snowhill at about 11 pm or so, but I didn't get any announcement of him terrorizing anywhere after midnight. Does the Dowager Pumpkin Queen make him go to bed or something?

It's probably old hat to you all, but it was so fun when he was killed. I had just turned around from whacking that ectoplasm dispenser when I saw a mob of about 25 take him down. We had a party complete with a party cake, an Easy Bake Cauldron, a haunted tombstone and fireworks. I only say "we" because I was there. They killed him and deserve the glory.

That party was the best use of a boombox I've seen in Free Realms.
    Last edited by Oona; 10-19-2011 at 04:57 AM.