Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Default New format, Two quick questions.

Two quick questions (and one comment) concerning the new FRI format.

1. Do I no longer have the option to close my own thread in the help forum by selecting best answer?
    2. Can I no longer access my reputation commentary from my profile page?

I said that I would reserve judgement concerning the new FRI format untill I had a chance to get used to it. I am beginning to wonder if I ever will get truely used to it. I'm not really sure what it is that we have gained, but I find this format to be less versatile, and more difficult to navigate than the old format. Yes?
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: New format, Two quick questions.

1. Nobody seems to be doing so, but I haven't had a chance to make one myself. If you can't find it, I suppose you'll have to report it, just as you do with other threads. I know many features have been removed with the update, so, if you want to be completely sure, it may be worth your time to ask Kade or Fang to confirm if it's been abandoned.

2. I'm not completely sure about what you're referring to, but try clicking on Settings up at the top of the page. Scroll down a bit. It should be in the same place as before if I have the right feature.

Change is inevitable. After having known the previous layout for so long, most people aren't so easy to adjust to an almost completely different layout. Indeed, some features are no longer available, but that is what comes at the cost of updates. Kade, unfortunately, doesn't seem to have total control over the site's features. Difficulty only comes with unfamiliarity.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Thanks for the input RP.

As for my second question. Under settings, on the old format. We were able to see what threads we had gotten reputation for, who awarded it, and what comments (if any) they had provided in relation to that thread. I suppose that some members may regard it as a vanity on my part, but I enjoy seeing feedback from my fellow members. It's nice to know that I have given them something that they enjoyed, or found useful in some way. If we still have the option to view that material, I have not been able to find it.

Your comments concerning change are spot on. Forgive me if I sound overly critical. One good change that came with this format is in relation to blogs. I'm sure that there are others as well. It just seems to me that we lost more than we gained. I do not dislike change when it serves the greater good, but I have never understood change for the sake of change. I saw no need to change formats. It was a great format that members were comfortable with, and found easy to use. Perhaps I am missing something? If the majority of members come to like this new format more than the old one, than the change was for good cause. I'm not so sure that's the case here. I still like this site, so I will accept the changes and do my best to adapt to them. Sometimes that's all one can do.

Thanks for pointing out other solutions to my questions.
    I prefer to seek answers here before bothering the likes of Kade or Fang. I think they have enough on their plate as it is. Despite my earlier comments, I think they run a great site that I have found to be quite useful. I will send one of them a query later, if I can not get a good response here first.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Inua is offline Master Gamer

((Dear lord, y'all are to smart and sophisticated!))
    Each Event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.

Quote Originally Posted by Inua View Post
    Naaahhh......Just long winded!

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Icon3 Re: New format, Two quick questions.

The beneficial portion of change is not always superficial. Kade has not made many, if any, mistakes as far as I can remember; having Fang, as well, just decreases the likelihood of mistakes.

About your second question, that feature should still be available and is where I linked to in my last post.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

lolaya is offline Master Gamer

Same questions i have...
    But i just figured they took those features away

Proud Leader of <Renegade>
    I have won 1 TCG Tourney and I have maxed all jobs!

Nate is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPlayer View Post
    The beneficial portion of change is not always superficial. Kade has not made many, if any, mistakes as far as I can remember; having Fang, as well, just decreases the likelihood of mistakes.

About your second question, that feature should still be available and is where I linked to in my last post.
    You are correct. They haven't had any mistakes, but some minor flaws. Like the Reputation button, it can NOT be spotted easily as it blends in and is almost 100% transparent. I hope Kade and White Fang, see this thread to fix the little "minor" flaws.

Nate is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Inua View Post
    lol. XD. I agree, also this is not Roleplay as in you don't need to put Parenthesis if your typing out of character, since there is no character in this thread. lol

Oh my! I see it now, way up there at the top of the page.
    I was looking in the wrong section (doh). I was under the impression that all our personal settings had been moved to the Forum Actions tab. My mistake.

One question down. One to go.

Thanks again RP. Helpful as always.
    Also; I happen to agree (for the most part) with you and Nate concerning your remarks about Kade and Fang. I do not think anyone has the capacity to be mistake free, but that particular duo attempts to do just that, on a daily basis. This is the best FR companion/fan site on the web. As trivial as it sounds; If I could only change one thing about the FRI format, it would be the color scheme. I have trouble reading black text on anything other than white. And lime green on blue? Yech!
    Since that's the main thing I have to complain about, I shall cease whining......Now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast