Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default KD and DDD quests

Can anyone give me some decent tips, because I can't get 3 knockouts in the first 2 minutes of the DDD game, and I can't get into 5th place AT ALL during the KD race. These are quest-related and are when you have to knock out 10 players while keeping your life intact, and when you have to beat Verve, which is basically to get in first place.

You know, the funny part is that if a game is any good at all, I'm usually able to master that game in a matter of minutes.

I've beaten Verve and beyond! I bought most of the kart parts from the stores near the tracks, which actually helped a lot. The engine is priority, though, and knowing how to turn efficiently will make a big difference! I now only need help with DDD.
    Last edited by RandomPlayer; 08-02-2009 at 10:45 AM.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

tismon is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: KD and DDD quests

Kart:
    Well, I'm completely stuck at the end, but I might be able to help you get this far.
    First, you've really got to work on drifting (or side-sliding) through turns instead of just powering through and then give it the gas a little past halfway through the turn.

Also, do whatever you can to upgrade your kart. If you've only got the basic one, go do the bill riddly quest and get a new one. Then get either the coin parts or some sc parts (the coin ones got me up to the last race just fine).

Finally, avoid the other drivers. They are not intelligent and really need some work. They take most turns wide and wipe out anything on the outside and then there's the magical I-touched-your-car-so-now-your-flying glitch that I'm oh so fond of.

Demo:
    Two main tips:
    Don't try to chase people, they're a little too random for that to pay off. Instead memorize the main areas that pile ups happen and just keep going to those.

Jumping is the key. If you land on someone, it's almost an instant knockout. Plus, if they're stuck, jump on them a few times to get the job done.

Oh, and don't forget about the repair powerup. Every time you get knocked out, you loose one point. Not good.

I've got nothing for you for when you race Kade (not our kade, the one in game) because I can't even come close.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tismon View Post
    First, you've really got to work on drifting (or side-sliding) through turns instead of just powering through and then give it the gas a little past halfway through the turn.
    Also, do whatever you can to upgrade your kart. If you've only got the basic one, go do the bill riddly quest and get a new one. Then get either the coin parts or some sc parts
    Finally, avoid the other drivers. They are not intelligent and really need some work. They take most turns wide and wipe out anything on the outside and then there's the magical I-touched-your-car-so-now-your-flying glitch that I'm oh so fond of.

Two main tips:
    Don't try to chase people, they're a little too random for that to pay off. Instead memorize the main areas that pile ups happen and just keep going to those.
    Good luck.
    Okay. By drifting, do you mean letting go of the up key (or whatever key let's you start moving), taking the turn, and then hitting the gas half-way through the turn?
    I don't really want to upgrade my kart. Those pieces are really expensive, and I'm rather low on money. Well, individually, they're cheap, but altogether, they really add up. And I don't want to spend money on SC, the current economy would hate that.
    That drivers tip will really help. I hate it when two drivers ram you from both sides, though.

That chasing tip will help out immensely. I have seen those pile-ups often, but I can never get any points on them. If I ram into someone, I won't get any damage into them for landing on them. And if they land on me, I'm instantly knocked out. I'm doing the quest where you can't get knocked out, too, so death is not an option.

Thank you for the help. I still want to see if anyone else has some other tips, though.

Alright tismon. No offense, but I think I got worse at Demo Derby with your "no chasing" tip. Since the people I chase usually end up a victim, it's proven useful for me. Also, pile-ups are very rare for me and only appear when I'm half way through the game with two knockouts. And they only leave one player for me to knock out.
    I did get 9 knockouts now, and I was chasing someone with low health, but someone rammed into me and I lost my chasee because of my 9 second time limit.
    Last edited by RandomPlayer; 07-30-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

tismon is offline Master Gamer

Well to each their own I suppose. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you and no I'm not offended. All I can say is that I consistently get about 8 KOs without trying really really hard and with a basic kart.

So then, have you found any tips that worked for you?

Um... Stay away from ramps so that other drivers don't spin off and land on you.
    And using the speed boost to hit someone from anywhere except behind won't do any damage.

Chris Blazingsea is offline Master Gamer

I use the beginner kart on demolition derby and generally get 6 to 9 KO's every game and usually end up in first or second place.

To start, you should focus on one person and follow them. keep hitting them in the back until they are KOed and then go do the same thing to another person.
    IGN: Chris Blazingsea
    <Elite Cardie Crew>

Stephan Salvatore is offline Master Gamer

I think that they are just too hard
    "Stephan Salvatore" 'Sta f n Sal va' tore' - noun -<Insider> Vampire Pixie Male since 1864, who was born with necromantic abilities. Also gets buried in holes. He is often misunderstood, and portrayed as a blood-sucking beast. (Even though he isn't.) He may randomly bite you, but do not be scared."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Blazingsea View Post
    I use the beginner kart on demolition derby and generally get 6 to 9 KO's every game and usually end up in first or second place.

To start, you should focus on one person and follow them. keep hitting them in the back until they are KOed and then go do the same thing to another person.
    That doesn't help much, if at all. Those players are just too random, like tismon said, to be useful. I usually just chase after them if they're health is rather low.
    And how do you end up in second place if you can get at least 6 ko's? I do worse than that and still end up in 1st place.
    Personally, I would have preferred having to get into 1st place 10 times in a row.

Christopher Darkcove is offline Master Gamer

One Tip for DDD is that to hit them from behind. Also jumping on top is a good way to make damage to their car. Every time you loose a life. You lose 1 point. If you knock someone out, 2 points, if you knock out the leader 3 points! Most times its the way your positioned. One car rammed me, but it said i knocked them out. Good for me! I have finished that quest. Remember to use the garage to equip items to your car. Most times a car might get stuck. So its an easy 2 points for you! I hope this helps!
    Huh? I see that you aren't "Undercover". Well grab a mustache and join the fun!

Thanks Nomad, but unfortunately, I knew all of that already. Jumping on cars is difficult since they rarely get stuck. And getting knocked out is not an option for me, and points are of no matter. All I need to know is how to get quick knockouts.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast