Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

Default Howling Hills and Croaking Vale won't load

I just submitted this to SOE. Does anybody else have this problem?
    Since the big upgrade, these two dungeons get stuck on the splash page endlessly loading and reloading less than 500K files.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Howling Hills and Croaking Vale won't load

Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

FR response:
    Response (Free Realms Support) 10/05/2009 07:43 PM Heya Hugo,

Referee Pistachio from Free Realms here

Thanks for letting us know about this! We're currently working on getting Croaking Vale and Howling Hills up and running again Please wait ten to fifteen minutes to see if this solves the problem. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know!

Sunshine and rainbows,
    Referee Pistachio

I'm beginning to think FreeRealms techhies are not communicating with each other on this problem. The FR forum says it is now a known bug, but the tech person I'm working with says they can't replicate the problem and that it must be my router. Anyhow, now I've got a whole new issue. The game won't load at all.

alex85 is offline Master Gamer

This happens EVERY time there is a major update

Lyric1 is offline Banned

Im glad that this was brought up because I was having issues with loading Croaking Vale also. I need to finish a quest for my archer and since it wont load for me, I just went ahead and continued my leveling. I did however submit a ticket on the issue hoping it gets resolved soon. ~ Lyric ♥

alex85 is offline Master Gamer

I do hope they solve this problem soon

As of today, still not fixed (acknowledged yesterday by update of my incident) Incident was also marked Solved
    My answer:
    Well, yes and I understand you're still working on it (and it still doesn't work)
    I would ask why the item keeps getting marked "solved" but it's probably automatic and not under your control.
    I am a retired programmer and designer myself and I would NEVER design a problem report system for a user like that. It leads to serious dissatisfaction and is insulting to the user.
    I'd pick one of the punishments from the Mikado for the designer:
    "With a twisted cue
    On a cloth, untrue
    and an elliptical billiard ball."

As to lack of communication, try directing to Referee Tumbleweed who was my last response
    reference 091005-001436

From replies of refs, this is one tough problem (or perhaps tougher than it's priority), they know it's still broke and they continue to work on it.
    Last edited by hhhenry; 10-07-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by hhhenry View Post
    As of today, still not fixed (acknowledged yesterday by update of my incident) Incident was also marked Solved
    My answer:
    Well, yes and I understand you're still working on it (and it still doesn't work)
    I would ask why the item keeps getting marked "solved" but it's probably automatic and not under your control.
    I am a retired programmer and designer myself and I would NEVER design a problem report system for a user like that. It leads to serious dissatisfaction and is insulting to the user.
    I'd pick one of the punishments from the Mikado for the designer:
    "With a twisted cue
    On a cloth, untrue
    and an elliptical billiard ball."

As to lack of communication, try directing to Referee Tumbleweed who was my last response
    reference 091005-001436

From replies of refs, this is one tough problem (or perhaps tougher than it's priority), they know it's still broke and they continue to work on it.
    OMG! A fellow Savoyard! Funny how it was my router and not possibly them, but now it is indeed them. My poor pixie will never finish her brawler quest at this rate. Oh well...I'm getting a new computer when Windows 7 comes on line and has been in use for a while. Geeks I know who have Beta-tested it give it the thumbs up. So we shall see...maybe I'll be able to load things right then.

Windows 7: For me, on a new Microsoft operating system, "a while" is when they release SP1..... AND NOT BEFORE!
    BTW Microsoft has a test program (beta last I knew) that will tell you if you hardware and software will run 7. It OKd mine with a few driver updates, and if mine is OK (home built 2003) then most anything is good enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast