Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bryan3Tears is offline Master Gamer

Icon4 how to turn off Filter's Censoring

okay i have asked so many people this time and time and nobody will answer me and its getting quite annoyying. I've even asked people from the Insider guild and they wont even tell me. Its really starting to annoy me. If anyone knows how to turn off the filters Censoring. Please let us know in this thread. that would be nice.

thanks - Bryan
    My Youtube My Xfire
    My Second Youtube channel
    Status: Quit FR and FRI, Will occasionally check notifications.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: how to turn off Filter's Censoring

There is no way to turn it off. Nobody can see behind the ##### that go up if they are there.

People say changing your language (EG: to Spanish) in game with the options menu (Gear near the map) will make some words unfiltered... but not all.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Luke Flamehero is offline Amateur Gamer

Sorry mate, I don't think you can. The Free Realms game designers and fixers do try to fix most of the unusual ######s which shouldnt be filtered - but appart from that I don't think there's anything you can do

Icon8 Re: how to turn off Filter's Censoring

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    There is no way to turn it off. Nobody can see behind the ##### that go up if they are there.

People say changing your language (EG: to Spanish) in game with the options menu (Gear near the map) will make some words unfiltered... but not all.
    i tried what you said but it didnt work. it still censored all the same words :\
    My Youtube My Xfire

Luke Flamehero is offline Amateur Gamer

If it is just censoring rude/personal/numerical/certain words then I think everyone has that problem - but if it is censoring random normal words (e.g tree) then I reccomend sending a ticket to a ref.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Flamehero View Post
    If it is just censoring rude/personal/numerical/certain words then I think everyone has that problem - but if it is censoring random normal words (e.g tree) then I reccomend sending a ticket to a ref.
    Accidental words being censored are a common issue as well (Words like head, peanuts, and eggplant). It would be better to post in the forums here about the word that is giving you issues (make sure no one else has posted it too)

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Lindsey B. is offline Banned

Like Monkies said, I heard that changing your language helps, but I have tried, and it doesn't do anything.

I also think that the age you put when you made your FR account has something to do with it, or what country you live in. I'm not sure about that, but it sure is a possiblity.

yeah you guys are all probably right. no i am not having any trouble with it. Its just i dont get why they censor and . those little faces. it makes no sense :S. they censor numbers to? which is really stupid. very difficult for people to try to sell stuff lol. But yeah like i said i tried that language thing and it didnt do anything. but it could be my age. i guess. if i would of known that i would of put my age as like 40 xD

thanks for the help guys
    My Youtube My Xfire

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey B. View Post
    I also think that the age you put when you made your FR account has something to do with it, or what country you live in. I'm not sure about that, but it sure is a possiblity.
    They have removed age discrepancies, the only one that was in place was where if you were below the age of 13 you only got preset chat commands (EG: "I like your haircut") and you could not read other peoples' messages who didn't have can chat.

It's gone now, and can be put back in via the parental controls. There is no way to turn off the censors there.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Lindsey B. is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    They have removed age discrepancies, the only one that was in place was where if you were below the age of 13 you only got preset chat commands (EG: "I like your haircut") and you could not read other peoples' messages who didn't have can chat.

It's gone now, and can be put back in via the parental controls. There is no way to turn off the censors there.

I pretty much figured that. If SOE/FreeRealms wanted you to be able to turn off the filter, they would make it where you could. But it is highly unsafe for the younger FRers. I can understand some things that the filter censores... but things such as 'head' or 'trees' is bad. I also don't understand what's so bad about the smilies. : ) and : P (etc.) Also, I don't know if it is just me, but when I say "I'm" it shows as "I'#" That is really annoying.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast