Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Title: How can i beat this!

ceres27 is offline Master Gamer

Default How can i beat this!

How could i ever knockdown 12 cars in derby?! it was VERY hard for me to get ten cars already, how much 12?!

Please just give me a few tips!

(or encouraging words would do too )

TJ
    <Blood Wolf>
    I am looking for complete, black elite archer and warrior set. PM if selling.

Default Re: How can i beat this!

This is my last job to max and Im not having very good luck either -.-
    It looks like youre doing better than me; Im stuck trying to knock out the npc 3 times. Yeah, if I could catch her maybe I could!
    You know you do more damage jumping your car on them? Maybe that will knock them out faster to get to 12.
    Or hopefully some demo expert will see this and offer advice..........AHEM!!
    Last edited by Siobhan EmeraldCastle; 01-28-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    "I'll get you my pretties!"

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

I wrote a guide on the Demo Derby questline awhile back but to summarize, back yourself into a corner and allow the npcs to charge at you then jump just before they hit you so that you land ontop of them, should be an easy 1-2 hits per K.O. The aggressive npc A.I. will have them recklessly charging at you making them easy prey, dont bother chasing them around it will only waste time.

Also spoilers, one of the final quests in the questline requires you to score 22 or 24 points, I dont remember the exact amount. So pratice the technique I have explained because you are going to need it to progress/complete the questline.

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by ceres27 View Post
    How could i ever knockdown 12 cars in derby?! it was VERY hard for me to get ten cars already, how much 12?!
    Please just give me a few tips!
    (or encouraging words would do too )
    Congrats in advance! I am also doing the same quest, "Thunder Falls Crash for Coins," (for my sister); we are 2 steps from getting the Crash Cup. Woot!

I remember the first time I got my 1st Crash Cup. With all the excitement, I had been pressing the arrow keys too hard such that 2 of them flew off from the keyboard; my fingers were cramping. It's worth it; I got teary-eyed when I got the Cup. ROFL.

Zyon is right that we stay in one spot. Don't bother to chase them; let them go to us. All we need is lots of jumping, timing and luck.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

@sio oh that quest!lol it was hard for me too! (well of course it is, all derby quests are hard for me @.@) but just dont take your eyes off from the light LOL. your goal car has a light ray on it so you know which car you need to bump. (or maybe i am referring to a different quest ) but anyway!Good luck!

@zyon ohhhh i never tried doing that!yep!will definitely try that. it does saves time. Than you!

@Brett really!yessss!Good luck to us! ive had this quest for like forever!LOL. I want the cup so badly

TJ
    <Blood Wolf>

wooohooooo!! thank you ZYON, took your advice and wham! quest completed. but i must say, i got knocked out more than five times too LOL D

and for this....

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonmkxq View Post

Also spoilers, one of the final quests in the questline requires you to score 22 or 24 points, I dont remember the exact amount. So pratice the technique I have explained because you are going to need it to progress/complete the questline.
    well..... then i guess i should really try HARD (again) to control my desperation!LOL

TJ
    <Blood Wolf>

ZAM listed the Wildwood Derby 1000 quest (score 22 points) as the last Demo Derby quest; however, there is still one more quest ("Frost Ridge Invitational") to complete before getting the Crash Cup. "To the victor belong the spoils." Woot!
    ceres27 likes this.

My strategy to complete the Wildwood Derby 1000 quest included the following:

1. Boost your car across the field, and go to the rear entrance of the tunnel, next to the wall. Be sure your car is facing forward (so you could see the incoming cars) and the back side of your car is next to the wall.

2. After a few seconds of waiting, go around the tunnel. Likely, you will see power-ups on each half-pikes/ramps. Get the green spikey "attack-up" and/or bluish "ultimate" from each ramp, and go back to your original spot. Both power-ups would easily "crush" your opponents' cars. The NPC cars would "sense" your presence and they would go towards you; you're a car "magnet," lol.

3. Monitor your car's health. You might have to go around the tunnel and go to the ramps to get the red "healing" power-up and/or "shield," and/or another "attack-up" or "ultimate." Each time your car gets crushed, that is "minus" 1 point.

4. The only time I chase opponents' cars is when their health bar is 90-95% red, where a small shove to their cars' derriere would crush them. This could be a risky move because other cars would be following you from behind. Sometimes you have to do this when no other cars are around to be crushed and you're running out of time to get one freakin' point to win.

With my 1st Crash Cup, it took me 4-5 weeks to complete the Derby quest; while helping my sister complete this quest took me only 4-5 days. I have a feeling that $OE might have nerfed the quests by making them easier. Or, I was just lucky.

After finishing the Wildwood Derby 1000 quest, the "Frost Ridge Invitational" was easy, where I had to knock-out 8 specific drivers, and I had to finish 1st place within 5-6 minutes. I went under the bridge facing the incoming cars, and jumped many times. I knocked-out the 8 drivers within the first 3 minutes; my next goal was to maintain 1st place till time ran out. I completed this in my 1st try. Perhaps again, I was lucky. Next, I approached Burt "Wrecking" Crewe, and he handed the Crash Cup.

Then, I respectfully asked Mr. Crewe if my sister and I could have a group picture with him for posterity. Luckily, he said "Yes, no problema." ROFL.

Listed are the specs of my sister's derby car:
    Cutlass Wrecker (half-price from Cragara this past weekend)
    Derby Elite Engine
    Elite Turbo Tank
    Slot A: Pro Jumping Springs
    Slot B: Advanced Shock Stoppers
    Decal: Red Crystal Derby Decal (if that helps, ROFL)
    ceres27 and Ahliadre like this.

bunny girl is offline Pro Gamer

You could have a family member who is really good at that stuff do it for you.

I hope some day some nice millionaire will buy FreeRealms copyright...

@brett, why thank you very much.. i actually did your trick by going past the tunnel and wait for npcs to come after me and worked like a charm!whew. glad that was over!and got the trophy!LOL. love the pic by the way

TJ
    <Blood Wolf>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast