Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Default How to achieve clear images for avatars and signatures

Hello all, I am needing some help please.

When I first came on Free Realms I took some pictures up in Snowhill and have used that as my original avatar and siggy but I add hats and things for the different seasons and holiday such at the Pilgrim and Santa hat. The photo is very clear and I have had no problems.

Over the last several days I have gone into Free Realms and tried to take some more original shots to use for Pirate Day and Spring but now when I use the photo from FR it ends up extremely pixilated. (Is that a word? LOL)

Here is what I do:
    change my in game options to the highest graphic quality
    take a shot of Zadira zoomed in as close as possible by clicking the F12 button
    then use my photo software and crop and add hats or things and save it
    then I make a copy for web with the size as 125 x 125

The only thing that might have changed on my end since the early days is that I figured out how to change my in game graphics. I don't think I knew how to do that when I took the original shot in Snowhill the first time and really I have no clue what the settings were at that time.

But what I am kind of wondering about.. is it possible that the game graphics have changed since the early days? I am really just confused about it all. I have never had problems creating avatars before so it is really frustrating and extremely time consuming. LOL

All ideas and thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: How to achieve clear images for avatars and signatures

hey there!

sorry you are having some troubles. the steps you laid out are exactly what i do also, but i make sure to save my sigs and avatar as a gif. for some reason when i save it as a jpg, it comes out all pixelated too! (yes its a real word.) haha

im not sure if this will help you at all, but hope it gives you something to try. i used to klnow the ins and outs of photoshop, but its been years since i actually studied it. haha

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: How to achieve clear images for avatars and signatures

Well good morning Darian! Thanks so much for the suggetion! I am going to try that and see if I can get this to work! YAY!!

Darian! Thank you so much for helping me with my avatar! What do you think? LOL
    Last edited by Zadira Kindleriver; 03-20-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost