Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Hover Boards

Amber Oakstone is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Hover Boards

OK- 2 questions in 1.
    1) I cant get on FR because of some Norton thing my mom installed. So i cant see the hoverboards. Can someone please discribe them IN DETAIL and if you coald put a picture on this? thank you sooo much!
    2) Back to the Norton thing. WEll, all of a sudden i try to get on FR and it says a virus is detected. well i was like ??? because i knew FR didnt have one, so i asked my mom to fix it and she said if norton said it had one, it must have one.
    2 a) How can i fix the norton thing
    2 b) how can i convice my mom it is safe?

PLEASE help guys!!
    Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts. That's what girls are made of; forget the sugar and spice.
    Amber Oakstone
    <Insiders>
    Server 1

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Hover Boards

You can see a pic of it here. Well, they give you the same speed boost as any other mount. You also get to do tricks while falling or jumping.

The game is having some sort of bug with Norton. They'll fix it soon.
    Last edited by ArielleMoonshadow; 05-24-2010 at 09:54 PM.
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

trish19 is offline Master Gamer

Whew! My dad uninstalled before i played

----

RedBear is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: (was Hover Boards) ... NORTON & FR

RE: Norton Antivirus.

FreeRealms does not have a virus. Norton has a problem recognizing FR as a valid game by a valid company. FreeRealms' technical support posted information about that here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/freer...topic_id=19380

In the event that you cannot see that page, this is what he said:

Iceberg wrote:
    We're seeing many reports that Norton Antivirus has decided it didn't like Free Realms any more and is treating it like a virus. We're investigating now. For the time being, please make sure your virus definitions are up to date so we can ascertain if that is the issue, or if their current definitions are what's causing this.

You can definitely feel secure that this is a false positive response, and safely restore the .exe from the quaratine area and allow the program.

If this happens to you, please post your version of Norton, and whether or not updating your definitions helped.

Thanks!!
    Iceberg

Update: A little more research shows you are likely receiving the error "freerealms.exe:crc (WS.Reputation.1)". If so, did Norton quarantine the Free Realms executable all by itself, or had you chosen to scan the file manually with a right-click?
    I would suggest that your mom read the whole thread, though, bc ppl posted some info that she may find helpful. She can make her own free account and/or give you permission to VIEW (but not type) on the forums via parental control settings from the profile page. She could also temporarily give permission for you to type and then remove it when she has posted, should she wish to do so. Unfortunately, I cannot send you a direct link to parental controls bc it would link to my account. Therefore, after logging in, have her select PARENTS and then PARENTAL CONTROLS from the top of the screen.

Also, your mom can contact them via a support ticket here:
    https://help.freerealms.com/app/home

Alternatively, she can call them. The phone number is found on this page:
    http://help.freerealms.com/app/answe...0help/r_id/158

The game is safe. A lot of the the firewalls/av's were recently updated to 2010 versions and are not allowing FR to play. They require new permissions, new recognition, etc. I tried to play using Zonealarm Extreme Edition 2010 and could not play. Their customer service was very poor so I switched to Kaspersky. I still cannot play using Firefox but I can play using Internet Explorer. Eventually, I will be able to play using Firefox again but it's going to take some time/effort on my part and I'm lacking the available time right now.

Hope all this helps your mom get the game going for you!!

Amber Oakstone is offline Amateur Gamer

woa! thanks RedBear! if i could put 2 best answers that wouldve been the norton one... thanks!
    Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts. That's what girls are made of; forget the sugar and spice.
    Amber Oakstone
    <Insiders>
    Server 1