Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: housing help

brett1 silverstone is offline Amateur Gamer

Default housing help

Hello i was wondering how people make pads or anything float at your house and how to make them perfectly straight and stuff it would be helpful if somone sent me a video how.

Blaze4210 is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: housing help

uhh... you can't be serious... just go to decorate mode and click on the item, you'll find all your options there... and you have to buy a launch pad
    Are You Ready?

brett1 silverstone is offline Amateur Gamer

??? thats not what i meant -.-

Blaze4210 is offline Amateur Gamer

THEN BE MORE SPECIFIC!!
    Are You Ready?

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by brett1 silverstone View Post
    Hello i was wondering how people make pads or anything float at your house and how to make them perfectly straight and stuff it would be helpful if somone sent me a video how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze4210 View Post
    uhh... you can't be serious... just go to decorate mode and click on the item, you'll find all your options there... and you have to buy a launch pad
    I think what he meant by "pad" was a party pad. Something like a party area to hang out with friends. Correct me if I'm wrong, Brett. You could have been more polite in asking for more specific questions, Blaze. I have houses with objects that are floating, so I'll help.

First of all, find a perfectly flat piece of land to start on. If you place an item on that flat area and hold Ctrl + Shift while moving the item, the housing piece you're moving will "hold" its position. To expound on that, it won't change shape wherever you move the item. Just move the item where you want to put it (while still holding Ctrl + Shift) and click the left mouse button to place it. If you did it right, the furniture you moved is still straight from where you started moving it (The flat area of land). Click on the item again and there will be an option to move it vertically. Just set it to the desired height and place it.

If you want to make a party pad, I suggest you place the floors together before lifting them up to avoid the hassle of the placement being unorganized when they go up. You can also try this alternative way: After getting one piece of the floor to the desired height, place a flat rectangular block underneath it and place another part of the floor on top of the rectangular block. Repeat the process until you get the floor layout that you want.

It's quite a tedious, long and tiring process, but the hardwork pays off when you finish the whole thing. I hope this helped you, Brett.
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...