Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Default Help me create crisp, clean, non-blurry photos

I seem to have a terrible time posting pictures that aren't blurry. I thought maybe we could work together to make some kind of guide so we all could post good clear photos.
    Please list here how you get your photos off your computer onto here, especially in regards to how you re-size them and save them.

I know this may be a little difficult because people use different programs but maybe we can make a simple guide for each program that is used.

I use Digital Image Suite. It it no longer available except on Ebay but I really like it a lot. Hopefully any hints or tips given here can be applied to my program.

So let's see how this works...we know how to get a photo from our computer screens to our computers because of this wonderful thread by Monkies

http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...eerealms-5280/

and we know how to post them to the forum because of this great thread by Rose

http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...ictures-21536/

now... how do we make sure we have crisp clean photos to post?!?

Keith Silvernight is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Help me create crisp, clean, non-blurry photos

I use a program called Paint.Net. It's really simple, free and easy to use. My pictures are never blurry, and they are saved in .png format, which keeps the quality of the picture (unlike .jpg), and isn't too big (like .bmp).

I posted something on how to resize pictures on a thread... I'll try to find it somewhere.

Edit:
    There it is...

(...)theres a thing called Crop to Selection. So what you practically need to do is that you go the Tools windows (if not open, go to Windows tab -> Tools), select the Rectangle select (shortcut key S), then drag the image part you'd like to KEEP (not crop away), and then you go to the Image tab and select Crop to Selection. Done!
    Last edited by Keith Silvernight; 09-24-2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: editing pictures in paint.net

Keith, could you so maybe a step by step of how you save your pic?

I have a pic I took using my F12 key on my computer labeled Img X (just for an example)
    So... you would open your Paint program and open your Img X ? Then what?

Sure

F12 is the easiest option, so yes, thats what I do.. Lets say I want to take a picture of your post. First I click F12, then I open Paint.Net.. When open, I click CTRL+V* on my keyboard (or the manual way is to go to Edit tab -> Paste). A window will appear. Expand Canvas means to open the full image, and Keep canvas Size means to adjust the photo in its original size (say your monitor is big 1200x720, and paint.net's size of the image space is only 1000x500 ((these are example numbers)), so paint.net will post the image in its original size, and you won't be able to see it entirely, you can drag it to the specific part).

Your post is big, so I don't think it will fit if I use Keep Canvas Size, so I click Expand Canvas. After that is done, I click S on my keyboard, which is a shortcut for a tool you will need. I click and drag the pointer over your post. When that is done, I go to Image tab -> Crop to selection. This is the final result:

*If you already have a picture, open paint.net and go to File -> Open, and browse for your picture.
    And saving is really easy, if thats only thing you want... Unfortunately, paint.net cannot improve a quality of an image if its already all blurry, but the images you edit with paint.net look fascinating.
    Last edited by Keith Silvernight; 09-24-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Okay... I am going to go download Paint.net and try this.
    After you crop your pic then you just save it? Save as... save as web page... what is the process you use to save your pic? You don't need to know anything about gifs tifs and 600 x 600 or any of that?
    Thanks for this... I appreciate it so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zadira Kindleriver View Post
    Okay... I am going to go download Paint.net and try this.
    After you crop your pic then you just save it? Save as... save as web page... what is the process you use to save your pic? You don't need to know anything about gifs tifs and 600 x 600 or any of that?
    Thanks for this... I appreciate it so much!!
    Haha, no, you don't have to know all that, sorry for making it so complicated . It's easier than it looks. And to save your pic, its normal as on any other image editing software.

File -> Save as.. -> -window appears- the default option in "Save as type" would be PNG (.png), if its not click on the drop-down menu and select PNG. Save your picture on your desktop for example, and you're done. =)

Edit:
    I edited that picture so quick, it actually took longer to upload. Its so simple once you get used to it.

Well it certainly seems simple..
    So the Paint.net program saves your pic at the same size you see it on your monitor? Is that why you don't have to worry about resizing it? I am downloading the program.. thanks again for your help. I am looking forward to playing with it and finally maybe not having blurry pics! WHOO HOO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zadira Kindleriver View Post
    Well it certainly seems simple..
    So the Paint.net program saves your pic at the same size you see it on your monitor? Is that why you don't have to worry about resizing it? I am downloading the program.. thanks again for your help. I am looking forward to playing with it and finally maybe not having blurry pics! WHOO HOO!!
    Hope everything works out!

Okay ... you may have set your settings when you first started using the program. Mine is saving my pic at 1280 x 768 so isn't that going to be too big for posting in the thread? Did you maybe set your size at one point?

The new system auto-adjusts the photo to fit the post, unlike the old one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast