Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

cheetaramon is offline Amateur Gamer

Icon5 help I got a visitor message and don't know how to respond

I got a visitor message from a friend and I could not find a reply option either in conversation log with him or in my visitor log I tryed to add a message to his visitor messages and the window did not open up I went to the FAQ page and looked there to see if I could get help it said there should be a box that opened up at the top when I clicked on the visitor message tab it didn't open up I tryed to pm an adminisrator who answered my hi thread to ask for help and there was no option to contact them. I went back to the FAQ page and it said on my page should be an option to enable private messages in the settings I checked on my profile settings and when I clicked on the private messages menu It said that I did not have access to that feature of the web sight can I get some help to be able to at least be able to leave a visitor message on my friends profile.

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: help I got a visitor message and don't know how to respond

When you go to a friends profile... there are about six tabs at the top.. one is visitor comments, go there and a box should show up that you can type a comment on... There are also options under the profile picture... Add as friend and send private message and such... you can also send private message if the comment boxes are not working for you... And if that's the case I'd ask what sort of browser are you using ?
    Playing DCUO now

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Private Messages are not available until you have made 10 posts & the system has switched you over to "explorer" rank. I believe the same is for Visitor Messages.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Thank you, Ashley,
    If it can be done, having a PM for help option that gets a hold of a staff member, even if it just goes to a single help mail box that the moderators and administrators have access to, available to those with less than 10 posts would be helpful even if that is the only pm available to newbie explorers.

Icon9 Re: help I got a visitor message and don't know how to respond

I have the 10 posts and still cannot add a visitors message and when I go to settings and click on the private message box I get the following message:

cheetaramon, you do not have permission to access this page.
    This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.

1. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or
      some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account,

3. or it may be awaiting activation.
    I am using Internet explorer 9 for my browser for forum pages

sorry about the messed up quote when I did a preview it appeared ok when I did the post it came out skewed
    :/

Finally started working guess it took the system an hour to get the pm up, even though the change from Newbie Explorer to Explorer was instantaneous.