Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Princess is offline Master Gamer

Icon8 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay well i have homework for math today && my teacher gave us this hard homework that she NEVER teached us how to do! && i was really bad at this last year and i am bad at it this year!

Help me solve this equation: -8=-(x+4) IDK what this answer is! I AM REALLY BAD AT ALGEBRA thats why i had to repeat a grade, i dont want to fail this year please help!?
    Last edited by Princess; 11-16-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    Thanks for the amazing sig:
    Jaiyden & Lindei

sparkles is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad says it x=4
    Well Mister Smarty Pants I don't go running around.
    -Haha funny trolololol (randomness)

Default Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope that helped

I'm in *edited, please do not reveal your age or grade. This is personal information - ashley preciousfable* so i had to ask my dad no matter what i did
    Last edited by Ashley Preciousfable; 11-16-2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: .

Misty is offline Master Gamer

umm that answer i think would be -12 because -12+4= -8. if im wrong then well im wrong .-.

Aedc is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    Okay well i have homework for math today && my teacher gave us this hard homework that she NEVER teached us how to do! && i was really bad at this last year and i am bad at it this year!

Help me solve this equation: -8=-(x+4) IDK what this answer is! I AM REALLY BAD AT ALGEBRA thats why i had to repeat 9th grade, i dont want to fail this year please help!?
    Here's how to solve:

-8= -(x+4) Starting equation.
    -8= -x-4 After multiplying both terms in the brackets by -1.
    -8+4= -x-4+4 Add 4 to both sides to balance so that there is only the -x left.
    -4=-x (result from last step)
    -4/-1 = -x/-1 Divide both sides by -1 so that you're left with a positive x value.
    4=x (result from the last step)

I hope that helps! Cheers!
    "The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." -Gil Stern

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

I suck at math, but here is what I think:
    -8=-(x+4)
    x=-12
    Because, if my math is correct, -12+4=-8. Here is how it works in my head:
    -8=-(x+4)
    -8=(x+4) ((I took out the -)
    8+4=12
    -8=-12+4
    -8=-8
    YAY

Hope this is right, and I helped!
    Sparkles, you're not supposed to say your age or grade.

Ignore this. I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Rain Wolfheart; 11-17-2010 at 09:37 PM.
    Allons-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedc View Post
    Here's how to solve:

-8= -(x+4) Starting equation.
    -8= -x-4 After multiplying both terms in the brackets by -1.
    -8+4= -x-4+4 Add 4 to both sides to balance so that there is only the -x left.
    -4=-x (result from last step)
    -4/-1 = -x/-1 Divide both sides by -1 so that you're left with a positive x value.
    4=x (result from the last step)

I hope that helps! Cheers!
    This is correct.... sparkle's Dad.

Yeah Aedc is right. I'm taking like statistics and college math; So I'm for sure. x=4 like he said

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

OK. I'm wrong then. XD I don't really pay attention in math...
    Allons-y.

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

If you ever need any help, I can offer help up to Advanced Algebra 2. I'm making an A in that class btw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast