Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Lizzy13 is offline Explorer

Default Free realms insiders Private messaging not working?

Right before the servers went down on free realms, two days before a couple of my friends and I lost the ability to send private messages. I sent a question in to a moderator, but got no responce. Is this happening all over, or is it just me? If it is just me, is there a way I can fix it? Thank you very much for your time.

Default Re: Free realms insiders Private messaging not working?

Reply to private messages on insiders, excuse me for not being very specific.

Piper is offline Master Gamer

Oh so you were trying to send a private message to an insiders? If so were they afk?
    Im not pretty, Im not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.
    ~ Katniss Everdeen ~ District 12 tribute

Dawn Springlight is offline Master Gamer

hmm if you are speaking about these forums here, check and make sure your boxes in your message area are not too full.Have your friend check theirs to. I will try sending a private message to see if it gives me some sort of message. Could be the moderator you sent the message to is just a way for a bit.

Dawn Springlight is offline Master Gamer

ok here is the message I got....

Lizzy13 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

So what i would suggest is, if you were able to send messages before..... then go to forum actions/general settings and make sure private messaging is turned on.

Phantium is offline Amateur Gamer

No, I think you can not send private messages till you have around 10 posts on the forums. We need someone from FRI to confirm this, but I am certain the amount is around 10-15 in order to be able to.

Edit: this is also for receiving apparently, unless you're a moderator/admin you cannot send that person a message yet at that point.

Edit2: another thing I'd like to add, if you have enough posts to do private messages and edit your posts (this also requires a certain post count). Then you can edit your settings in your profile at the following URL:
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...do=editoptions

If you turn off private messaging all together, you are not able to send or receive messages.
    If you set receiving messages to only contacts or moderators, only people you added as a friend or forum moderators can send you messages.

An example of the default settings is in the screenshot below.

Last edited by Phantium; 05-04-2011 at 01:21 PM.

It doesn't let me change much of my own seettings either, but perhaps I just need to do more browsing. But even before that it let me. I will try the suggestions. Thank you all soo much.

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Phantium is correct - you need 10 posts & to wait for the system to switch you over to "explorer" rank. If you are still having problems with the private message system please let me know, but it should be working correctly now.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

cheetaramon is offline Amateur Gamer

It sometimes takes some time for the system to update your messaging from Newbie Explorer to Explorer. For me, when I hit the right amount of posts my title changed but it wasn't till another hour had passed that the system recognized the change and allowed me to get/receive PM's and to post Visitor Messages