Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Zimster

Title: FRI Auctions

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Default FRI Auctions

Ok so... I have a question about FRI auctions.

Say that someone posted an auction for something. The end date came around, and the person who won got an ok price for it. The person in charge of the auction made it clear that they thought the item would go for 1mill coins and it didn't get close to that amount (and honestly the item wasn't worth nearly that much ). The person who started the auction obviously wouldn't be happy with this price but that's the danger of putting an item up for auction, right?

So the person who won did all they could to get in contact with the person who started the auction but had no luck (contact such as adding them in Realms, whispering and actually getting answers but being ignored soon after, and posting on the auction thread about the item and getting no response, etc). Obviously the person who started the auction was ignoring the person who won.

Is there any rule against this, or is this person just plain rude? It would make sense that there is no rule because the person still owns the item, but talk about getting someones hopes up.
    Last edited by Zalesana; 08-05-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: FRI Auctions

By My Looks, the Person is probably being very rude.

That is 1 thing I do not like about Auctions because they do not go for a "Reasonable" price your looking for or what there worth. But he or she has put the auction up, and they have to trade. There's no since in reporting it, since no trading was done, but The person should trade if its at the end date and whoever bidded highest last.

Hope I helped
    ~Shane
    Zalesana and 3daysgrace like this.
    "Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened."

Quote Originally Posted by Zimster View Post
    By My Looks, the Person is probably being very rude.

That is 1 thing I do not like about Auctions because they do not go for a "Reasonable" price your looking for or what there worth. But he or she has put the auction up, and they have to trade. There's no since in reporting it, since no trading was done, but The person should trade if its at the end date and whoever bidded highest last.

Hope I helped
    ~Shane
    Thanks, you did help .

I wish some people would go through with their trades.. I've seen this happen more then once. :/

Boo rude people!

Difference is offline Master Gamer

Haha, yeah, I agree with Zimster. I don't think there is a rule about it, but it's obviously just common courtesy to actually accept the last offer when the auction ends. I've had this happen to me quite a few times. If the trade doesn't go through, then there's really nothing else you can do about it other then talking to the item owner. xp
    { IGN } Meeshkabob

Don't stress over what could've been, chances are if it should've been, it would've been.

Quote Originally Posted by Difference View Post
    Haha, yeah, I agree with Zimster. I don't think there is a rule about it, but it's obviously just common courtesy to actually accept the last offer when the auction ends. I've had this happen to me quite a few times. If the trade doesn't go through, then there's really nothing else you can do about it other then talking to the item owner. xp
    Yeah there really isn't much to do when it happens. :/ I'm glad most auctions go through though.

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

I finished an auction and the person has been offline D: Also, there is an auction button at the top of the screen, But i clicked it when i was auctioning my Rosepetal Prowling Rat Armwraps, and it was like REALLY old stuff from like years ago, and I guess people don't use that anymore?
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

I will always suggest this, set the starting price for a reasonable, but amount you will be happy with for starters, and then you won't be disappointed when it ends.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by zachpuppy View Post
    I finished an auction and the person has been offline D: Also, there is an auction button at the top of the screen, But i clicked it when i was auctioning my Rosepetal Prowling Rat Armwraps, and it was like REALLY old stuff from like years ago, and I guess people don't use that anymore?
    That is also another thing you need to look out for in Auctions
    *Making sure this Player is Active

Make sure you ask the Thread Creator to givean IGN, add them, and Make sure you see them every here and there.
    Personally, An active person who is online up to 5 times a week at least
    Unactive - Once a Week.

Make sure to also keep looks on that
    "Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened."