Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

wlangacker is offline Explorer

Icon5 Flash keeps crashing - can't fully download to begin playing

I recently attempted to download Free Realms to my computer. While the download went ok, I am unable to get the game to fully load so I can actually play. The problem - flash keeps crashing.

I attempted to get help via tech, but nothing worked. They told me I had to drop all of my security in order to get the ActiveX to properly work (which I wasn't comfortable doing, and have never had to do for other games). I did all that, and it still crashed time and again.

Can anyone help? I played this game a few years ago, and enjoyed it thoroughly, but am finding it frustrating because I can't even seem to get past the game attempting to load. Just for reference, when I looked at the log file, it showed a bad signature file. I'm not tech savvy, but I know enough to clean out my cache, cookies, and I'm very good about keeping up on my updates. I just can't seem to find a solution. So help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Flash keeps crashing - can't fully download to begin playing

Just wanted to add something I forgot. It's actually the SOE Installer that keeps crashing.

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

I went on to do some character search stalking, which is always joyful, and I got a crash too...I'm not sure if it's like your though.

Sunstone Valley is coming soon, so I can bet you it's just a temporary glitch that has something to do with the release. : D
    Last edited by ninjablade2000; 09-14-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    hello

I haven't played since 2010. I have a different computer, but once I reactivated I am able to bring up my character. I have attempted to get the game to load on and off since the beginning of August. Thanks for trying, though.

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

I had that problem once. All I had to do was restart my computer and it worked.

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Are you using Google Chrome, and is Shockwave Flash crashing? Thanks.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Shockwave Flash crashes with Google Chrome because Chrome has it's own version of Shockwave Flash built in, and it gets confused on which version of the Plug-In to use, causing to Plug-In to crash. You can fix this by typing in the URl: About:Plugins and a huge database type thing will pop up, You need to go to the +Details button to the right of the screen, and find the Plug-In Flash files, there should be 2 there, Right at the very top of the list. You need to disable the one that has AppData in it's location. Once you do that, close the tab and Google Chrome, and open Google Chrome again, and it will restart itself, with no more crashes.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by zachpuppy View Post
    Shockwave Flash crashes with Google Chrome because Chrome has it's own version of Shockwave Flash built in, and it gets confused on which version of the Plug-In to use, causing to Plug-In to crash. You can fix this by typing in the URl: Aboutlugins and a huge database type thing will pop up, You need to go to the +Details button to the right of the screen, and find the Plug-In Flash files, there should be 2 there, Right at the very top of the list. You need to disable the one that has AppData in it's location. Once you do that, close the tab and Google Chrome, and open Google Chrome again, and it will restart itself, with no more crashes.
    This is probably it. If this doesn't work, try changing your browser!

Welcome back!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I realized that after I posted this, it's NOT Flash that's crashing, but instead it's the SOE Web Installer. I've tried all the usual suggestions of uninstalling and reinstalling several times; cleaned out the cache and cookies; tried using Chrome instead of Firefox. The only thing that I can think of is that it may be due to an incompatibility issue with Windows 7. I saw a post in a Windows 7 forum that some programs may not work because ActiveX sees them as threats, and essentially blocks them. The only way to get past it is to download unsigned ActiveX controls.

While this may not seem related, the fact that it said "unsigned", I thought perhaps it might apply. When checking the log folder for Free Realms, it consistently showed a "Bad Signature". I'm not tech savvy, so I may be totally off, but perhaps this is what's causing problem?