Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Default Fixing the Window Size

Lately, I haven't been able to play Free Realms comfortably in windows mode because the window's size goes past the limits of my laptop, so I can't see the bottom portion of the Free Realms screen (that's the bottom toolbar with the chat box, rides and items belt).

Anyone know how to fix this?
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Default Re: Fixing the Window Size

Try clicking at the top and dragging the gaming screen up. There shuould be one of the blue like bars at the top like with windows you can open up. There may be a way you can change the measurements of the window, but I'm not sure. You could try sending in a ticket. Hope this helps some. Good luck!
    Last edited by Brad Sharpsword; 11-15-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Sharpsword View Post
    Try clicking at the top and dragging the gaming screen up. There shuould be one of the blue like bars at the top like with windows you can open up. There may be a way you can change the measurements of the window, but I'm not sure. You could try sending in a ticket. Hope this helps some. Good luck!
    Edit:
    I found how you can change the measurements. This is how it works for Vista. I'm not sure about Windows 7 or anything. Go into "My Computer" and click on your user name where fr is downloaded. There should be a folder for AppData if it isn't hiden. Go into that and click Sony Online Entertainment> Installed Games> Free realms. Scroll down that list and click User Options. In the top of that list, it says [Display]. Look down through that and there should be a place it says, "WindowedWidth=" then gives a number. Below that is says "WindowedHeight=" and gives another number. My numbers are set on 1024 and 768. Try playing around with those numbers and see if you can fix it. Good luck!! (:

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

A less complicated way to do it: if you can reach the options panel on FR (There may be a keyboard shortcut, so check for that) go into video options. Select the screen reselution (Did I spell that wrong?) option. Choose the smallest numbered option. It should shrink. If it's to small, pick the next option up. That should do the trick. Good luck in the Realms!

Surflight is offline Master Gamer

I had the same trouble you had. To fix it I just switched the toolbar (If that's what you call it that holds some of your computer programs and time/date) so it is on the left rather then on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin64 View Post
    A less complicated way to do it: if you can reach the options panel on FR (There may be a keyboard shortcut, so check for that) go into video options. Select the screen reselution (Did I spell that wrong?) option. Choose the smallest numbered option. It should shrink. If it's to small, pick the next option up. That should do the trick. Good luck in the Realms!
    Those never worked for me. When I first re-downloaded the game, its always in Full screen mode as everyone knows. I changed it to windowed. It set the window where it covered most of my screen. One day I played around with those controls, and yes it reduced the window, but only the width and it wouldnt ever let me change it back to the way I had it before. I questioned a ref but they couldn't do anything. Even when I tried choosing the other options, it didnt reduce it nor enlarge it. I eventually did what Surf did also instead of moving the window of the game around.

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Sharpsword View Post
    Edit:
    I found how you can change the measurements. This is how it works for Vista. I'm not sure about Windows 7 or anything. Go into "My Computer" and click on your user name where fr is downloaded. There should be a folder for AppData if it isn't hiden. Go into that and click Sony Online Entertainment> Installed Games> Free realms. Scroll down that list and click User Options. In the top of that list, it says [Display]. Look down through that and there should be a place it says, "WindowedWidth=" then gives a number. Below that is says "WindowedHeight=" and gives another number. My numbers are set on 1024 and 768. Try playing around with those numbers and see if you can fix it. Good luck!! (:
    Brad! You fixed my problem! Thanks so much! I can see everything clearly now. Good bye hidden stuff.
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Glad I could help haha

Keith Silvernight is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by ArielleMoonshadow View Post
    Brad! You fixed my problem! Thanks so much! I can see everything clearly now. Good bye hidden stuff.
    Mine too! Whenever I had windowed mode I used to use the setting "Auto-hide the taskbar" but I don't have to anymore!

Thanks Brad (:

No problem haha (:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast