Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

AlyssaBrightsong is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Farming Question

So I recently leveled up my farm to level 17, and I noticed something different. Every 3-5 minutes my farm gets attacked by pests and such. Before today, the pests would come very rarely. Do the pests come more often the more you level up, or is this some way to get people to buy more Scarecrows? I never noticed this before the last update, that's why I think its just SOE wanting to sell scarecrows.

Insider since August 1, 2010

ktknek is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Farming Question

I only seem to get a lot of pests when i plant low lvl things like bumbleberry and rainleaf sfuff like these. I also find it helps not to stay in the farm when the plants are growing. Bumbleberry seems to be the worst even after there grown. They get lost of bugs and pests when i'm trying to pick them. Other plants with a hour or more grow time don't seem to give me much trouble.
    <a href=http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17984_2.gif target=_blank>http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...pic17984_2.gif</a>

AlyssaBrightsong is offline Amateur Gamer

Ahhh I see. That makes sense because I was planting 34 plots of bumbleberry. Thanks!

Insider since August 1, 2010

Ivis is offline Explorer

It's been my experience that the shorter the time that it takes a plant to grow, the more likely you are to have some critters show up. As Ktknek stated, the worst offender (by far) is the Bumbleberry -- only a five minute grow time means that it is ON once you water. I've also noticed that I seem to get more rodent and fungus action when there are people visiting on my farm while I'm digging around in there. That's purely circumstantial evidence, mind you, but that's all we have to go on. I'm not about to get out a spreadsheet and take notes about 'number of people present' versus 'rodent appearances' per crop or anything like it.... there's a limit to geekiness, you know --- I seem to have reached mine

deving1 is offline Pro Gamer

Low level plants attract pests..your bette roff buying better ones then those lower level ones.
    Makarov...knows....Yuri...-Soaps last words.

Agreed, I've noticed that low lever plants attract more bugs and stuff like that. Also, I've found that if you plant any kind you want then leave your farm and come back when they are ready, they are perfect! No bugs!

IamPowerOfStars is offline Pro Gamer

you should probably leave your farm while its growing =p

Spoiler: show
    TASTE TEH RAINBOWWWWZ xD

penguinz is offline Banned

Dont stay at your farm i have eben attacked by 1000 rabbits before lolz

Elkric is offline Explorer

Regarding the original question, it was definately my experience that the pests were more common on higher levels, and I leveled up my farm way before the scarecrow was released.

It _could_ just be that planting more plots on higher levels brings in more pests, rather than it being the level per se.