Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Noblest is offline Newbie Explorer

Icon8 Does anyone have the BLASTER or KARATE SCREAMER Shard for Soccer Star?

About the Blaster Triangle Shard:

After I reported this shard as buggy, I was told to find out if other player find the shard buggy because “At this time, we [FR] do not have any known issues of this item being bugged in any way.”

My Blaster Triangle Shard does not do as it’s description says (“This triangle shard increases your TACKLE Power”). When equipped, my Tackle Power remains at 0. Does anyone else who has this shard notice the same problem?

Also, about the Karate Screamer Diamond Shard:

I find that it is too Easily Blocked (Much easier to block than the Up and Away 720 – which was free) – I think it gets blocked about 60% of the time (in contrast to the Up and Away 720 which gets blocked about 40% of the time). Granted, it does knock the blocker down, but that is no reward as both shards do that, and I would Much Rather Score. Perhaps there is a trick to it that I am missing? Does anyone have this shard or a problem with it?

If you have either of these, PLEASE Let me know. Thanks.

Default Re: Does anyone have the BLASTER or KARATE SCREAMER Shard for Soccer Star?

Hmmm
    Maybe this was not the best place to post this either?

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Does anyone have the BLASTER or KARATE SCREAMER Shard for Soccer Star?

Sometimes the community here will simply have no actual answers to give you without guessing - or anyone that does have the answer didn't see your thread.

Concerning the Blaster Triangle Shard, the glitch sounds more toward the About Me display than the shard itself. Oftentimes, the About Me displays inaccurate statistics, especially with combat jobs. If you know exactly what the Tackling statistic affects in game performance, you can compare your performance with and without the shard to see if the shard itself really is glitched. Soccer Star is not exactly a popular job, so few people may know about this, resulting in even fewer people bothering to report the potential glitch.

As for the Karate Screamer Diamond Shard, I personally find a normal, fully charged kick to be 90% effective, being blocked maybe 10% of the time if you aren't suddenly tripped. I haven't tried out the Up and Away 720 Diamond Shard, nor any other diamond shard really, so I can't exactly give you any guesses on the subject. Does your position, charge, etc. change depending on the shard you're using? It's also possible that the shard really is simply worse than the Up and Away 720.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Icon7 Re: Does anyone have the BLASTER or KARATE SCREAMER Shard for Soccer Star?

THANKS!! I am just happy to find someone with even one of the shards. I did wonder if I should have posted in the General Discussion Forum, which is where I meant to post originally.

On the Blaster Shard - my problem is that I have not noticed a real difference in tackling with is as opposed to without it, but I will try to do a better comparison, actually keeping record of the stats both ways.

About the Karate Screamer Diamond Shard - 90%?! Effective!!! Wow!! Hmmm, that makes me think that I need to shoot from a different location. I usually shoot from just outside the Semi-Circular Goal Area, either from in front of the goal or to the side, regardless of the shard.

Where do you shoot from?

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Noblest View Post
    THANKS!! I am just happy to find someone with even one of the shards. I did wonder if I should have posted in the General Discussion Forum, which is where I meant to post originally.

On the Blaster Shard - my problem is that I have not noticed a real difference in tackling with is as opposed to without it, but I will try to do a better comparison, actually keeping record of the stats both ways.

About the Karate Screamer Diamond Shard - 90%?! Effective!!! Wow!! Hmmm, that makes me think that I need to shoot from a different location. I usually shoot from just outside the Semi-Circular Goal Area, either from in front of the goal or to the side, regardless of the shard.

Where do you shoot from?
    I actually don't own either shard. I'm not a fan of Soccer Star myself, so I just scavenge what is given to me for use.

If you've already done a manual analysis of the shard, it may be worth it to notify SOE about that. It is possible that they simply don't know about it.

I'm not sure if you misunderstood or not; sorry for any confusion. I play SS with no Diamond Shards equipped. I normally have the charge bar completely full (which makes those Charge Speed Increase power-ups very useful when I'm scoring) before shooting, standing just at the semi-circular line, just before the goalie can trip you. Using that, I normally score 85-90% of the time, though I may be exaggerating. I've never used any Diamond Shards and my best game has been 15-0 with my team winning. Hopefully that will give you an idea of the actual success rate of my method.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.