Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

Default Do The Things People Build in FreeRealms Get Copywritten?

As you may know, people like to try to steal/rob my houses and I just wanted to know if I could report them for it.

IamPowerOfStars is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Do The Things People Build in FreeRealms Get Copywritten?

I doubt it *no offense* if they try to claim it is theirs, but if they try to scam the people visiting for their money/items yes I think.

Spoiler: show
    TASTE TEH RAINBOWWWWZ xD

drummerboy is offline Amateur Gamer

I do not think it is against the rules if they do. If you report the person or people then they won't get in torubl or anything. As long as they don't make your idea into something inappropriate or rude. Then you may report them .
    IGN:John Moonfable
    <Mystic Mayhem>

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

I've been worried now that a guy tried to steal my hotel. I think he was jealous.

Oona is offline Explorer

How can anyone steal your house if they can't pick anything up or move it?

I've only been in the game less than a month, but if someone claimed they built some awesome place they're showing me I'd ask them to prove it by going into decorate mode and moving some tiny thing or by seeing that house's listing in the housing directory. That will show the builder's name. If they tried to tell me they built it with another character, I'd ask them to log that one and prove it. Otherwise I wouldn't believe them. It's up to them to prove it. So people can only steal credit when they're talking to really dumb people. If you want anyone coming to your house to know you built it, why not write your name in the air with blocks? Problem solved!

If you're worried about people stealing your idea, that's very hard to prove. People often come up with the same idea without knowing about each other's work at all. We all are working with the same tools and limits and we all have basically the same mammal brain. There's going to be a lot of honest overlap of ideas. I'd just let that one go and not let it keep me from being creative. Who knows? Your house may well have ideas in it that someone else used in theirs first and neither of you know that yet!