Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Elura is offline Master Gamer

Default Demo Derby quests

I tried to follow the hints in this thread: http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...-i-beat-58130/
    but they just are not helping me. There are no corners to put myself in, only walls to put my back end up on, but the cars can still come at me from either side as well as from in front, and they knock me out more often than if I keep moving. When I try to jump on the oncoming cars, they jump at me and we hit head on instead of me landing on top of them.

One thing I cannot seem to figure out though is how to use my booster. I have tried hitting keys on my keyboard but none of them seems to work. Can someone please tell me how my booster works? I think maybe I would be more successful if I could get this working. Am level sixteen demo derby driver and still don't know the commands to do anything other than move around and jump, and it is very frustrating.

Any help with this will be very much appreciated.

Here is a breakdown of my kart:

Chassis: Ripper Wrecker (also have Crazy Crusher chassis but I don't think it really matters what chassis I use)
    Engine: Derby Elite Engine
    Boost: Elite Turbo Tank
    Steering: (greyed out with nohing in it. Is there anything I can get for this slot?)
    Traction: (greyed out with nothing in it. Is there anything I can get for this slot?)
    Slot A: Power Steering Plus (Also have Pro Jumping Springs but found the turning factor to be an issue, and the Power Steering Plus seems to help a lot with that)
    Slot B: Advanced Bounce Boosters (Could use Advanced Boost Fuel in this slot instead)
    Decal: Saxaphone Derby Decal (don't think it really matters which decal is used)
    A little communication goes a long way toward establishing good relationships

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Demo Derby quests

I think it was Alt or Ctrl?

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

As Griffin mentioned, you can either use the Alt or Ctrl keys to boost. I usually use the Alt key. In a standard keyboard, my left index finger is on the spacebar (to jump) and my left middle finger is on the Alt key (to boost); my right index, middle and ring fingers are on the arrow keys.

My Demo Derby kart's profile:
    Steering and Traction are greyed out.
    Slot A: Pro Jumping Springs
    Slot B: Advanced Shock Stoppers
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

I believe that the Demo Derby Questline is a waste of time, It's not fun, or rewarding. All it is pretty much is chance if you meet the goals needed or not.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by zachpuppy View Post
    I believe that the Demo Derby Questline is a waste of time, It's not fun, or rewarding. All it is pretty much is chance if you meet the goals needed or not.
    I beg to disagree. Unfortunately, you don't find the difficult Demo Derby (DD) quest - fun and rewarding; to me, it is. Once you completed the DD quest, you will receive a long cool title, "Master of Destruction."

Completing the DD quest is one of the quests to get the Quester Hat. Let me whisper you something, "See those 'cool kids' with retired colored outfits, with their sycophants hanging out over there; I bet, none or a few of them have completed the Demo Derby quest. Those peeps don't have the persistence and chutzpah to finish the quest. Luck or no luck, completing the DD quest is a 'rare' achievement. Go for it."

ROFL.

Last edited by Brett Firemumbles; 07-03-2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added Quester Hat pic
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (: