Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Oona is offline Explorer

Default Custom Hotkeys?

I've been trying out the game and I like it enough to buy a lifetime membership EXCEPT for one huge thing which will send me completely away.

I'm on a laptop, so no convenient numpad for me. I'm also left-handed, so using the default keys for battle is just too awkward. Essentially I'm trying to fight with my hands crossed. Yeah. This not going to continue. Oh please, please tell me there's a way to set custom hotkeys that I've overlooked...

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Custom Hotkeys?

When you are in game, look for the "Game Options" button on the upper right-hand corner; it looks like a machine gear, between the camcorder and screen-mode buttons. Click on the gear. Under "Settings," look for "Game Play," and click on it. On the right-hand column, click on "Key Binding." You are then ready to customize your keys. Good Luck!
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Oona is offline Explorer

Thank you, thank you , thank you! I went ahead and bought a membership. I am a happy ninja/brawler/warrior/medic/wizard now!

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

You're welcome, Oona. Glad to help!

Though I'm right-handed, I had a problem with my old laptop, with smaller arrow keys at the lower right-hand corner of the keyboard. With repeated use playing FR, particularly levelling up my Demo Derby and Kart Driver jobs, I didn't realize I was pressing (or I would say, pounding) on the keys so hard, that 2 of the arrow keys flew off. The consolation was, I completed the quests and got both trophies, lol. My parents bought me a new laptop (M14X) this past Christmas, same keyboard layout as the old one; but I didn't want to trash it. I bought a separate numeric keypad (from Five Below Store), which I connected to the laptop via USB. Then, I customize the hotkeys on the numeric keypad under the game's "Game Play" settings. One of the hotkeys I find useful, is the hotkey that let you go forward automatically like 'cruise-control' without pressing the forward button. I usually use this to explore the Wilds looking for junk/leaf piles and plant samples. I also use it when grinding coins at Croaking Vale; I activate it just before the bridge and it is a straight shot to the lake; during these few seconds, I have enough time to get a snack from the pantry and a soda from the refrigerator, lol. I can also pound on the numeric keypad without damaging my 'puter, lol. Happy playing!

Spoiler: show

Dear $OE,

I seldom attend FR Community Events and I don't have an account in your Online Forum. However, I was able to help a player so she could keep playing Free Realms. Now, she is a happy, satisfied Lifetime Member.

$OE staff, could you please send me a code for a futuristic motorbike? I would surely appreciate this. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
    IGN Brett "Dream On" Firemumbles

N.B. One more thing, when will the Super Spooktacular Event start? I'm getting impatient, lol.

IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (: