Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Mandatoad is offline Master Gamer

Default Crop Duster Kicking up Dust ?

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted something up about this, but it seems to me those who have recently purchased Crop Dusters are just using them.. to collect dust? Luckily I have my own, but a good friend of mine purchased one two weeks ago and has sent in his 3rd ticket today about how he's still unable to place it on his farm. Aside from just Crop Dusters, there seems to be a lot of areas on the farm that won't let items/soil be placed upon. Ironically FR had a sale on Crop Dusters earlier today with this remaining an ongoing issue. Hopefully, this problem will be resolved soon. As an additional note, this is my first post on the site so hello everyone! (9 more to go!) and I simply love Free Realms so no bad feelings intended, just a general thought which I'm sure many many many players have noticed ~ Amanda Craftyspy (now Cithara)
    Last edited by Mandatoad; 08-11-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: added current Character Name to post

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Crop Duster Kicking up Dust ?

I was wondering if there was a sale today, darn i couldn't get it in time. but i was going to buy a crop duster, how strange? I think they might have raised the fence level of the dirt, in some areas, to where items cannot be placed, by accident. Like if you try to place a block on a fence, it doesnt work, because it shows you a red outline, and the same thing is with the ground, otherwise you would fall through your lot. so that's what i think happened.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

Flamey is offline Master Gamer

About not able to place some things on the farm: I really hate that too, because I love to keep my plants in neat patterns, but sometimes I can't continue the patterns so I have to start over and make sure they all fit. >_>

I constantly joke with my friend (who's farm looks much more deranged than mine) about how our fields look like tetris boards. Some of his soil plots are placed far away from the rest. I find it amusing more than annoying most of the time.

I've noticed the same thing going on with my crop duster due to the fact I bought it a few days ago and it won't let me place mine down either. I have no explanation for this, but as for the soil not being able to put in some areas is normal. Nothing really unusual about that. Hope this helps!
    Live your life to the fullest each and every single day, for who knows how much time you have the chance to endure it?

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Welcome to FRI!

Yeah, there are at least 4 bugs in farming at the moment. One is that new planes can not be placed, and players with existing planes can not replace them if moved. Two is that crops ready for harvest do not display, but that one seems to occur at random, and is somewhat rare. Three is the inability to place items in certain areas. Four, I will not mention here.**

SOE has informed me that they are working on the first three issues. They did not tell me a fix is "coming soon" because "coming soon" has become something of an inside joke. Ask an older player if you don't get that. They did say that a fix was "in the works" and that "it could be some time" before a fix is arranged. Whether or not that translates to "coming soon" is something I will leave to your speculation. At least we know they are aware of, and are working on the issues.

** I will not mention the 4th issue because I have this issue and it is to my benefit. In the past, certain players have noticed beneficial glitches such as punk pants and sport shades being issued in unique, unintnded tints. They took screen shots and sent tickets demanding an explanation, and SOE modified the glitched items to their proper shade. There was no harm in a player having a rare item in a unique shade, but thanks to those screen shot reports, SOE was able to track down and "fix" the glitched items. Since the 4th issue is something that actually benefits me in a minor way, I will keep it to myself for fear that SOE will "fix" it for me.
    Last edited by Layla Littlenymph; 07-22-2012 at 05:42 AM.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Layla Gold is offline Pro Gamer

Welcome welcome! Very reasonable first post indeed

I purchased the Crop Duster a while back before these glitches happened thankfully, but still knowing that I am one who likes to move their farm around my farm plot, it disapoints me my crop duster will have to stay put.. I really hope they fix this!!

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

There is another farming glitch, where the Vending Machine items will display 0 coins as the price for a few of the items, but if you try to buy them, the button clicking does nothing, but if you exit the vending machine and click on it again, then it reloads itself and all items that you can buy, show the correct price.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

movingfusion is offline Explorer

does anyone know when the crop duster will be fixed ? i had to have a refund on mine. i think i purchased it 4 weeks + ago and i realy want to purchase one again soon. they have had it on sale twice in this time lol

IG Name: Shadowbind

Hi there again!

I've been reading a discussion currently going on entitled: Pardon Our Dust…We’re Renovating Housing on the Sony site. I felt this was relevant to the post I made a little while ago when I first joined the site. People are pretty much commenting on how they like the new Housing features implemented. (personally I think the free angle feature is pretty nifty)

However, one individual asked when they planned on fixing the farming issues (soil & cropduster placement problems) to which Ambassador Amnerys responded this is still an ongoing issue and that only a small handful of players have sent tickets in reporting problems. A friend and I have both sent tickets in and I have a feeling quite a few others have too so it would be nice to see the Crop Duster wheels in motion here!

Here's some of the Dialogue pasted below:

Player 1 comment:
    Oh and what about the farms? I don't know if everybody has been having issues with farming, or if it's just me, but will anything be done about the placement of items during this update? I can't place my topsoil in certain places and am not able to place my crop duster anywhere on either of my farms. They said in my help ticket that they were looking into this, but it hasn't been fixed yet. I hope this will be included, but if not, I hope they fix it soon because I feel like it was a waste to buy the crop duster if I can't even use it.

Amnerys response:
    This has been discussed in meetings and the team is trying to figure out why it happens. Only a couple of players have reported this issue, so it's harder to figure out what's going on when it's only a handful of people who are affected. If everyone is affected, it's usually some obvious error. Hopefully they figure it out soon!

Player 2 comment:
    Everyone I know in game that farms a lot is having a problem with their farm(s). I think some people don't know how to send in a Help Ticket/Bug Report or just figure someone else will report the problem so they don't need to.

Player 3 comment:
    Part of the problem with this error is that there are those of us that are aware of the problem, and therefore, do not dare move our planes that are already safely placed, for fear that we will not be able to re-place them.

So we can't report a problem we have not encountered.

Amnerys response:
    Good point. Last I heard the team was getting info from CS about some of the farms they know are wonky and they're going to check them out. Fingers crossed that they find the problem soon. I'll mention it in the next meeting, too.

Player 4 comment:
    Great update! a thousand thanks for the pet, foliage, and free look options, and coin shop availability of the new blocks!
    Unfortunately, I only had a little time to look them over so far, and now having time to play Saturday morning, woke up to "No servers are available" after login.

I can only hope the team is now tackling the above mentioned farming bug, as ALL of mine are affected with dead (unusable) spots also.

- - -

So.. seems to me enough people have commented on this to the staff either through tickets or via their site. Pretty much a very standard issue/problem that pretty much anyone who has farmed in the past month(s) has a common understanding of and has outright acknowledged this issue to other players.. so I'm a bit baffled as to why the FR staff state that only a small handful of players have reported the problem? I know they have A LOT of stuff on their plate and have a lot of other issues to deal with. They should just state there are other more urgent issues to sort, that this is an issue that will be resolved in the future instead of reporting they believed only a small handful of players have encountered this problems.

That's about it My apologies if the thread was long and boring but noone is required to read it all if they don't want! (lol) =) Cithara

direct link to the Sony thread: Pardon Our Dust…We’re Renovating Housing!
    Last edited by Mandatoad; 08-11-2012 at 08:36 AM.
    IGN: Thanks | My Shop: Thanks Company

Join my Shoppers Group! Hosts Monthly Contests with Prizes