Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Cards~

Rhyme is offline Pro Gamer

Default Cards~

I don't know how to find out which cards are worth a lot, a couple days ago, my friend told me that a bunch of my uncommon cards are better than my rare cards. Why? and What am I supposed to look for in a card o.o

wickedjeromy is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Cards~

as far as value rare cards are always worth more, in my experience the only time a common is worth more than a rare is if it is a foil. Foils are usually worth 2-3 times more than that same card is normally. As far as what cards are worth more its usually cards that are hard to find or in popular demand at the time. Giant Toads and banshee boss cards are always wanted so you can sell them for a high price. Exclusive cards are worth the most because you can only get them from real packs from the store (or if you happen to participate in an Insiders sponsored TCG tournament they give these cards as prizes sometimes- but the ones you receive from them cant be traded)

Also in the free market section of this forum there is a price check section
    post a list of cards you would like to get a price on and wait for a response heres a hint dont post too many cards at one time you will be less likely to get an answer for all of them
    Last edited by wickedjeromy; 01-09-2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: typo sorry

Rhyme is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by wickedjeromy View Post
    Also in the free market section of this forum there is a price check section
    post a list of cards you would like to get a price on and wait for a response heres a hint dont post too many cards at one time you will be less likely to get an answer for all of them
    I'm not really looking for a price, more like a way to know which cards are better. I'm not sure if my friend is right about some uncommon cards being better than rare cards. That's the main thing I'm confused about, if rare cards are less common that some uncommon cards, why are those uncommon cards better? And one more thing, I just got a Giant toad Foil, is that worth a lot?

This is really unrelated but how do I change my sig? I forgot :S
    Buying House Items at 5x sales price and Selling booster packs~

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Well, when you talk about the effectiveness of the card, some uncommon cards do work better than some rare cards.

For example, the Hidden Floren card is rare and has the ability to stun the opponent, but it can be destroyed easily. On the other hand, a Bristlewood Arachnid is a common card, costs 1 coin more than the Hidden Floren and has the stun power-up, but it has the added ability of returning a stunned enemy creature to your opponent's hand when it hunts over it. Sometimes, it's just in the function and stats of the card. Not all of the rare cards are the best above others.

Giant Toad!?! Wait...it's a FOIL!! That costs a LOT of money. It's a treasure to those avid card collectors. It can go really high like at least 400k or even higher!

For the signature, there is a link to that found on your profile page, just scroll down until you see a large box at the lower left that contains the "Edit Signature" link.
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by ArielleMoonshadow View Post
    Well, when you talk about the effectiveness of the card, some uncommon cards do work better than some rare cards.

For example, the Hidden Floren card is rare and has the ability to stun the opponent, but it can be destroyed easily. On the other hand, a Bristlewood Arachnid is a common card, costs 1 coin more than the Hidden Floren and has the stun power-up, but it has the added ability of returning a stunned enemy creature to your opponent's hand when it hunts over it. Sometimes, it's just in the function and stats of the card. Not all of the rare cards are the best above others.

Giant Toad!?! Wait...it's a FOIL!! That costs a LOT of money. It's a treasure to those avid card collectors. It can go really high like at least 400k or even higher!

For the signature, there is a link to that found on your profile page, just scroll down until you see a large box at the lower left that contains the "Edit Signature" link.
    she is right about the effectiveness of cards
    what makes a card rare, common, uncommon is simple it has nothing to do with what they do, but how easy it is to obtain the card

For example (this is only an example these ratios are completely made up)
    I will get 1 giant toad card out of every 30 packs (rare)
    I will get 1 corrupted gem card out of every 5 packs (common) (i personally have 35 of them)
    I will get 1 changeling sentry card out of every 10 packs (uncommon)

bottom line is you have to play with your cards to see which cards work better for you.
    Everyone plays differently just because your buddy likes certain cards better doesnt mean you
    will feel the same. A friend of mine uses a deck and wins almost every hand he plays with it.
    I tried to play with his deck and lost almost every hand because that deck didnt fit my playing style