Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

BellaMew is offline Explorer

Default Card Duelist Maple Sugarleaf Help

I cannot beat Maple Sugarleaf or Jammie Swiftsong on the Creature Deck or Resource Deck levels. Any hints on how to beat these really hard ones? Hints on which deck to use or how to set up cards? Can these be beaten without buying upgrades?

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Card Duelist Maple Sugarleaf Help

They can be beaten without purchases, I can guarantee you that. I can't really guarantee it will happen in a timely manner, however.

You'll find some nice strategies in the Trading Card Game section of the forums here (some may require cards that you won't get for free) in the stickies (the very first few threads); those may help somewhat. Since you're having problems with two different decks, though, it may be best, of course, to adjust your deck, if possible, to counteract your opponent's deck. Jammie focused mainly on stunning, if I remember correctly, so any cards that could not get stunned or negated stunning effects would be useful against her, for example.

I find that I finish a difficult task much sooner if I pace myself, as well. Take a crack at each of them three times a day, for example. It helps to minimize frustrations, as well.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

BellaMew is offline Explorer

Is there an optimal number of cards that work best in a deck? I'm not sure if I should stick to around 40 or is more better? I tend to have a lot of cards in my deck because I never make up my mind which cards to include.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Hi BellaMew,

I have beaten all the card duelist quests with my original starter deck. Did I do it the first time out?...Second time?...Well, no! I admit it's not easy but, if you keep at it you will eventually do it. The TCG is like any other card game. Sooner or later, luck will serve you.

As for deck size; Most all veteran players use a 40 card deck. My average has improved greatly since I cut my deck size back to 40. I know it can be hard to choose between all those great cards but, what's more important than great cards is how well your cards work together. Starter decks are well constructed. Take your starter and substitute superior cards of like value as you acquire them. If you stick with one sphere as much as possible, your cards will support one another better than they would in a mixed deck.

RP gave some good advice in his post. You might want to take a look at the TCG section and the Jobs/Card Duelist section of the forums as well. If I can be of any help, always feel free to ask.

Best of luck. Looking forward to seeing you in the TCG.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

aparrot7 is offline Amateur Gamer

I would sugest having 40 cards and sticking to one sphere. The best way i did this for my order deck is writing all the different cards on a sheet of paper and the quantity of the Order starter deck. Then i replace the cards with the same quanity but that are better. You can do this with nature from winning previous card games and Monthy TCG packs. Also if you see in the start of the card game you have no reasorce cards or trick, or creature, even after you re-draw, exit TCG and mabey you'll have better luck, this is what i always do so i dont have to waste time.

Commander Conner
    Proud member of Imperious. Visit my Resort!