Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Øptic Punk is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Can these video cards run free realms?

I havent been on fr lately due to my video card not meetin the requirements(when i was playing fine for 2 years) and i need to know if one or if both will run free realms. here is the first one which i have hope in, since it is HD and it says on the recommended video cards that ATI HD series would work, but i am wondering if it is in the HD series, here is the name of the card; MSI ATI Radeon HD6450 1GB DDR3 Low-Profile PCI-Express Video Card, and here is the description from walmart.com: The MSI ATI Radeon HD6450 1GB DDR3 Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card features a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels for excellent gaming. It supports Microsoft DirectX 11.MSI ATI Radeon HD6450 1GB DDR3 Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card:Chipset: Radeon HD6450 Engine
    Clock: 625MHz
    Video Memory: 1GB DDR3
    Memory Clock: 1333MHz
    Memory Interface: 64-bit
    Bus: PCI-Express 2.1 x16
    RAMDAC: 400 MHz
    Maximum Resolution: 2560 x 1600
    Connectors: DVI, VGA, HDMI
    Thermal: Fansink
    Supports Microsoft Windows 7
    Supports ATI CrossFireX Technology
    Supports AMD Stream Technology
    Supports Blu-ray and HD DVD
    Supports Microsoft DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1

And here is the other card, which i dont really have that much hope in since it is geforce 520, and the 500 series isnt on the recommended cards, unless 500 stands for series 5 or something, but any ways here is the card;
    EVGA GeForce GT 520 Graphics Card Video Card 01G-P3-1526-KR and here is the walmart description;

• Whether you stream 1080p online videos from sites like YouTube or Hulu or prefer immersive Blu-Ray 3D movies, the power of the EVGA GeForce GT 520 Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1526-KR makes your video playback fast and smooth. In addition to rendering your high-res photos instantly, the EVGA GeForce GT 520 Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1526-KR also speeds up the editing of your videos. And when you share your photos and videos online, you'll enjoy a richer web experience with GPU accelerated browsers like Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 9. Go beyond photos and videos and take your gaming to the next level.

• With the EVGA GeForce GT 520 Video Card, your favorite DirectX 11 games come to life with lifelike characters and incredibly detailed terrain and game environments. Specifications of the EVGA GeForce GT 520 Video Card include the GTX 520 (810 MHz core clock) chipset, 1024MB of DDR3 memory with a 1000 MHz Effective memory clock, 64 bit memory interface, 1620 MHz Shader Clock, 48 CUDA cores, 8 GB/sec memory bandwidth, 6.5 GT/s Texture Fill rate and PCI Express 2.0 compatibility.
    • Additional features of the EVGA GeForce Graphics Card include Microsoft DirectX 11 Support, NVIDIA PhysX and NVIDIA PureVideo HD Technologies, Blu-ray 3D Support, NVIDIA CUDA technology with CUDA C/C++, DirectCompute 5.0 and OpenCL support, OpenGL 4.1 Support and PCI-Express 2.0 support. Connections are 1 Mini-HDMI 1.4a connector 1 Single-Link DVI-I HDCP capable connector and 1 Dual-Link DVI-I HDCP capable connector. Package includes the EVGA Driver/software disc and a 3 Year Limited Warranty if registered within 30 days at evga.com.

thanks alot!

IGN: Vôid. Proud member of <Mystic Mayhem> since 7-27-13.Happy 2014!

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Can these video cards run free realms?

The Radeon graphics card you mentioned is actually the same one my parent's desktop has, so I can say from personal experience that it can run Free Realms pretty well. I can keep the graphic settings all the way maxed out and it still runs with minimal lag.

On my personal PC, I have the GeForce GTX760 and it runs Free Realms beautifully. The GeForce you mentioned is a few steps down the line from mine, so I had to look up some stuff to be able to judge how well this graphics card can preform. It should be able to run Free Realms since I watched some gameplay of GTA IV on the graphics card, and I'm pretty sure GTA is a more graphically demanding game. Either way the GeForce is a slight step up from my laptop's graphics card and it can run Free Realms.

So yeah, both of those graphic cards should definitely be good to go. 8]

Edit: By the way if you're looking to actually buy one of these graphics cards, I would definitely do some research if you're planning on playing more heavy duty games. Free realms is probably the easiest to run out of all the games I play. The best way to research is to type the graphics card into youtube and watch videos of people playing graphically demanding games on them.

This article may also help since it compares the exact two graphics cards that you're looking at:
    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-6450-vs-GeForce-GT-520

The people who were comparing the two graphics cards gave the GeForce a higher rating. I would say that I prefer GeForce graphics cards, but mine is also a pretty high end GeForce. Saying that I like them more just because mine is an expensive one made for gaming would be unfair.

If you need any more help, let me know. I love this kind of stuff. 8]

Good luck!
    Last edited by Zalesana; 01-18-2014 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Highlighted main point.

Thank you very much! Cant wait to get back on free realms! I think i will go with the ATI Radeon, since it is HD, and im pretty sure its in the HD series..

Quote Originally Posted by Øptic Punk View Post
    Thank you very much! Cant wait to get back on free realms! I think i will go with the ATI Radeon, since it is HD, and im pretty sure its in the HD series..
    Sorry I edited my original post a bit slow, but you might want to take a look at the link I posted. It compares the two graphics cards and the GeForce was given the higher rating by that site. The GeForce supports HDMI output so you would technically be getting HD. I'm not sure what graphics cards these days aren't considered HD. 8] It really depends if you would want to do more with the card or not though, either one should be able to run Free Realms easily.

What else do you normally do on your computer? Just browse the web, or do you stream videos and movies and play other games? 8]

Edit: Oh, and is it a laptop or a desktop?
    Last edited by Zalesana; 01-18-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalesana View Post
    Sorry I edited my original post a bit slow, but you might want to take a look at the link I posted. It compares the two graphics cards and the GeForce was given the higher rating by that site. The GeForce supports HDMI output so you would technically be getting HD. I'm not sure what graphics cards these days aren't considered HD. 8] It really depends if you would want to do more with the card or not though, either one should be able to run Free Realms easily.

What else do you normally do on your computer? Just browse the web, or do you stream videos and movies and play other games? 8]

Edit: Oh, and is it a laptop or a desktop?
    Oh, ok. And i like to play free realms, wizard101, roblox, and i like to watch youtube videos, watch movies, surf the web, anything to entertain me lol.. and it is a desktop, an somewhat old one, i think i got it in like 2008 or 2009 lol, it is windows 7 home premium to.

I found a comparison site, seems like i will be getting the geforce i just hope that site is accurate, if you scroll to the bottom it said the game and size to see if the video cards can play it and both of them can. here is the link to the webiste: AMD Radeon HD 6450 MSI Low Profile Edition compare Nvidia GeForce GT 520 GPU

The only thing that the Radeon is better than the Geforce is the Shader Processing units. Is the shader like the things that put shades to your character on free realms? cause i would love to see the shades, before free realms stopped working, i didnt see any shades or anything... But i still dont get if i could of been running free realms for 2 years and crash and the guy who replied to my ticket about why it wouldent work said my video card didnt meet the requirements... i asked how was i playing for 2 years then? he replied you were lucky to be playing it without meeting the requirements.. Maybe free realms updated their graphics ratings, or my graphics card is dying.. i never bought a new video card for this computer ever.. and now i have another question, will this video card fit my tower? it looks like it should. the processor is a Pentinum(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz, and my tower is around one and a half feet tall and about 2 feet long and about 3/4 of a foot wide. thanks and sorry if i bored you lol
    Last edited by Øptic Punk; 01-19-2014 at 12:39 AM.

I found a comparison site, seems like i will be getting the geforce i just hope that site is accurate, if you scroll to the bottom it said the game and size to see if the video cards can play it and both of them can. here is the link to the webiste: AMD Radeon HD 6450 MSI Low Profile Edition compare Nvidia GeForce GT 520 GPU

The only thing that the Radeon is better than the Geforce is the Shader Processing units. Is the shader like the things that put shades to your character on free realms? cause i would love to see the shades, before free realms stopped working, i didnt see any shades or anything... But i still dont get if i could of been running free realms for 2 years and crash and the guy who replied to my ticket about why it wouldent work said my video card didnt meet the requirements... i asked how was i playing for 2 years then? he replied you were lucky to be playing it without meeting the requirements.. Maybe free realms updated their graphics ratings, or my graphics card is dying.. i never bought a new video card for this computer ever.. and now i have another question, will this video card fit my tower? it looks like it should. the processor is a Pentinum(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz, and my tower is around one and a half feet tall and about 2 feet long and about 3/4 of a foot wide. thanks and sorry if i bored you lol
    This is the answer I found to your shading question:

Pixel Shaders are used as an alternative to the standard texturing phase. During rasterisation, each triangle is converted into pixels. These pixels do not have their final colour yet, but the do have a bunch of parameters associated with them. These include base colour, texture coordinates, lighting information, etc. The Pixel Shader is a small program that takes these parameters and uses them to calculate the final colour as it is displayed on the screen. The Pixel Shader has access to all texture data, and can use them to do interesting things such as blending two textures (to create a 'dirty' look), using a texture as a bump map (to simulate a relief), or to simulate reflections.
    (Found it on terminology graphics card - What is a "pixel shader"? - Arqade)

So pretty much the shaders make the overall picture look nicer.

Oh you aren't boring me by the way.

Which graphics card are you talking about with fitting it into the computer? The only part you named was the CPU. 8] No matter what I wouldn't really be able to tell you because it all depends on the sizes of all the other parts in the computer. I would imagine since it's a tower and not a laptop that you would be able to fit it in, but that's a question I can't answer for sure.

To be honest, I think either graphics card would be fine for what you're doing. I honestly think you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two because they're pretty similar. The only reason why I was asking so much is because I've had some problems with my parent's Radeon graphics card in the past. For what you're doing you shouldn't have any trouble though, the games you play don't seem to be overly demanding.

Ok thank you very much for the help Zalesana!

Oh, and one last question, Will the card make the game laggy? cause i have read that the card is very slow..
    Last edited by Øptic Punk; 01-19-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Ok thank you very much for the help Zalesana!

Oh, and one last question, Will the card make the game laggy? cause i have read that the card is very slow..
    You're welcome, and which card?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalesana View Post
    You're welcome, and which card?
    The GT520, i ordered it already

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast