Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Awards System

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Default Awards System

Well, I was looking at the awards system for FRI, and I saw only 2 people have received an award — Ashley Preciousfable and White Fang.
    My question is why don't others have an award? Is it only allowed for staff members? And what's the point of it?
    Thanks,
    Celestina =)

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Awards System

Back in the day, as a modification to the vBulletin forum system, FRI had these awards for three aspects of the community . These awards are to motivate community members to post/be active etc - but I have no clue about now.

They had names attached to them and were awarded automatically by the forum:
    Activity Award:

• Be at 100% activity, you can gain activity by posting, VMing, PMing, etc.

Posting Award:

• This is awarded most likely for doing these following things a lot: using Attachments, Posting, Replies to your thread, Social Group Discussions you create, Social Group Messages you post, Stickies you get, Tags you put, Threads you create, Views you get on your thread, and Visitor messages.

Community Award:

• Awarded for doing helpful things to the community, such as the following: Visitor Messages, Referrals, Friends, Getting Reputation, Social groups points, Using the reputation Button
    I think Posting was blue, Activity was green, and Community was Red. They were available to anyone in the forums.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Thanks, Monkies. =)
    Now I'm curious about the system for these days. =D

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

The Painbringer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    Back in the day, as a modification to the vBulletin forum system, FRI had these awards for three aspects of the community . These awards are to motivate community members to post/be active etc - but I have no clue about now.

They had names attached to them and were awarded automatically by the forum:

I think Posting was blue, Activity was green, and Community was Red. They were available to anyone in the forums.
    Adding to this, I believe that, when they changed the forums, that the old awards were erased in the process. Like notice how the blogs have their own format.

The old system allowed the admins to program specific awards, such as if a member was active for so and so time, they received that award.

Now the awards must be given manually by the mods, and so nothing has happened with them yet. Hopefully we will see awards returning soon.
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes
    That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes