Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Auctions?

Princess Melanie is offline Master Gamer

Icon9 Auctions?

Hello everyone!
    Ive been seeing alot of "auctions", and I do not know what an Auction is. And I also see this:
    Start bid:
    Bid incresment:
    and other ones....... I got no idea what an auction is......somebody plz help!
    Thanks,
    ~Melanie~

If you want me, it takes more than a week,
    more than a drink,
    more than you think. ~Katy Perry<3

Princess Leopard is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Auctions?

There a thing that you bid stuff for and the highest bid Wins
    Ty Princess Melodie for the Signature & Avatar & the Shop Avatar
    If you believe as Jesus Christ as your Savior and you not afraid to admit it, Put this as your signature.

Auction means bid starting bid is the bid you have to start at no less bid increasment means you increase your bid by that number and buyout means thats the number you have to get to to pay the max for that item for example:
    I bid 2000 coins on something the bid increasment is 1k
    so i have to increase it to ths number 3000 and the buyout is 500 so you cant go past that number.

rolandspore is offline Amateur Gamer

Short version:
    An auction is a sale. A bid is an offer to buy the item being auctioned. The highest bid at the end of the auction wins and the person who made that bid buys the item for that bid price.

Long version:
    Auctions are a way for a person to sell something for the highest price possible. The seller tells everyone when the deadline is for trying to buy the item and they hold the item until the deadline. When the deadline passes, the seller sells the item to the buyer with the highest bid.

A bid is a buyer’s offer to buy the item being auctioned. When placing a bid you are making a commitment to buy the item being auctioned if you win. When placing a bid, buyer’s tell how much they are willing to spend on the item. People take turns making bids, with each bid getting higher until the auction ends.

A starting bid is the lowest bid the seller will sell for.

An increment is the minimum difference there needs to be between bids.

Example:
    Here’s a real auction listing:
    $10 SC up for bid

starting bid: 250k
    increments: 10k
    buyout: 700k
    end time: Jan. 24 at 9 pm est

thanks everybody =D
    This person is selling a $10 SC code to the highest bidder. This auction ends on January 24 at 9pm Eastern Standard Time. At the time the auction ends and the person with the highest bid gets to buy the item at their highest bid price.

The starting bid is 250k (or 250,000 coins), meaning they won’t sell it for less than this so don’t bid less.
    The increments are 10k (or 10,000 coins). So every bid needs to be at least 10k higher than the bid before it. Suppose someone bids 250k. The next bid needs to be at least 260k, because of the 10k increment. You couldn’t bid 255k if someone bid 250k – you need to outbid the highest bid by 10k.

In this real auction the bids go like this:
    Jake_The_Shinx bid 250k
    Jerry Steelchampion bids 260k
    Anuraag bids 270k
    Jerry Steelchampion bids 280k (he increased his bid, you’re allowed to do this)
    ArielleMoonshadow bids 290k
    Jerry Steelchampion bids 300k (increasing his bid again)
    chris30s bids 325k (she didn’t use the minimum increment, but bid what she wanted to)
    This auction will end tonight at 9pm New York time and at that time the person with the highest bid will get to buy the code for that highest bid. If the auction ended now, chris30s would win and would get to buy the code for 325k.

This auction also has a buyout. If someone bids 700k, then the auction automatically ends and the person bidding 700k gets to buy the code for that much.
    Roland Spore
    <The Notorious>
    Born June 14, 2009 Member since July 28, 2009

Princess Melanie is offline Master Gamer

=D Oh now I now. Thanks guys! (and girls)

If you want me, it takes more than a week,
    more than a drink,
    more than you think. ~Katy Perry<3

Maryie is offline Master Gamer

They pretty much just said it XD
    Maryie
    Insiders