Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

Icon5 Asking for Rep >.>

First off, This is a complete question. I am in no way accusing anyone! I am confused on this topic, and need help, which is what this forum is for.

Are you supposed to ask for reputation points? When I started out here, rep was barely even heard of. Then it slowly got bigger, and people were giving hints that they wanted reputation points , like : I've been trying to get rep points, so if it's good.....
    And now, people go: Can you give me rep since it was nice of me to say/do that?
    I was just curious on this....I haven't asked for rep, usually it just sort of comes my way. I thought that was the point of it. Just the reward for being a Good Samaritan. But are you supposed to ask now? At first it struck me as rude, because shouldn't you want to help your community regardless of if you got a prize for it? But now, I seen it so often, I'm wondering if it's just what people should do. Anyone?

(( Once again, if you do this, I'm not calling you mean, or rude , or anything of the sort. ))

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Benny Solarhammer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Asking for Rep >.>

I don't think you're supposed to ask for reputation points. I think people sometimes give them to you when you're nice and you help them. I hope this helps.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Princess Melanie is offline Master Gamer

Well, for rep, you need to earn them. Not just ask for them. o.o

If you want me, it takes more than a week,
    more than a drink,
    more than you think. ~Katy Perry<3

But SHOULD I ask for rep, if I earned it and didn't receive any O.o?

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Holton is offline Pro Gamer

I think you shouldn't ask - but many people forget about it.

So most people don't advise it. Got it!

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

It's exactly what you said : Rude to ask for rep

A way to get rep is if you give rep away people give it back

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

It's rude, selfish and not at all being nice if someone asks for rep. Rep should be a silent thing, known only to the giver and the reciever. Good people do nice things and ask for nothing in return, but people insist on doing so, as a way of thanking them. That is what rep is. If you ask for it, you want something in return, which is not being nice- it's selfish. It makes it look like you're only doing nice things for a profit. I don't ask for rep, and I can't believe it when people give me some. (That's in a good way- I'm happy someone appreciated what I had to say, or I helped someone, but it's completely unnecessary)
    Allons-y.

That's what my original thoughts were -_- If I own a shop, and we trade successfully and easily, should I tell the person I'm giving them rep?

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Well it's ok if you tell them ; Thanks for the trade i left you rep

To me, that's fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast