Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

JesterGirl is offline Master Gamer

Default Anyone else having alot of disconnects since the update?

Grrr! I noticed since the last big update that is also causing all these glitches (like the non-disappearing silly string/snowball effect on the NPCs today, and the blue lightning from the Arcane weapon) I have been getting booted off the servers like crazy. Normally, I almost never have a problem with disconnects, and my internet signal is fine. Today I noticed after going through Sanctuary where the silly sting glitch is the worst, when I logged out I was unable to log back in for like 10 mins and my Task Manager thing kept saying FR was "not responding". Then when I finally logged in, the Housing Server is currently unavailable and I got booted from the server within like 5 mins! This is getting really old.

IGN: Twigs
    (Formerly: Twiggy Jade)
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

IamPowerOfStars is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Anyone else having alot of disconnects since the update?

Yeah, I posted a blog on it but I think yours is the PC version of what mine is doing >_< i'm scared. =| It's booting me from the housing server when i'm not doing anything, it has the "debug thing" (look at picture) and it feels like i'm getting hacked. =|
    Last edited by IamPowerOfStars; 10-09-2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason: why do I have so many typos??!

Spoiler: show
    TASTE TEH RAINBOWWWWZ xD

Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer

If you're using a non-TCP/IP Internet Connection, this problem is likely to happen. Back then, I used to get booted myself, even though I was using a TCP/IP Internet Connection. This usually happens on the part of the Server Dependency on your internet. For example, if your internet details say you're recieving alot of packets, then the Server Dependency would be usually at a moderate-low standard. If it's vice versa, your Server Dependency would be high, and that in turn causes a higher chance of Forced Disconnects because of the Server Dependency being unusually high.

JesterGirl is offline Master Gamer

Lol ok Seargent I'm not fully technology-literate all I can say is that I use a wireless internet connection, but I have used the same router and everything since I started FR and it never gave me problems until now. Coincidentally, these issues have only started since the last big update on FR. I was just checking to see if anyone else has had these problems since the update or if it's just me, I was thinking of buying a new router but I'm not gonna waste the time and money if it's just some issue FR is having.
    Last edited by JesterGirl; 10-09-2011 at 05:43 PM.

IGN: Twigs
    (Formerly: Twiggy Jade)
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer

Well, the thing I was talking about (The Internet Connection thing.) was actually for the disconnecting and booting at such slight gaps between boots. (What I call 'intervals' as the technical term.)

The glitching is SOE being a bit sloppy (No offense, plus in my opinion.). Read my post in "What's Going On? Is this Silly String Madness?" to figure out why. (Or probably get the wrong idea. But you know, I dunno. Also, this isn't me trying to spam anything.)