Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Oona is offline Explorer

Default Am I mining/smithing/cooking right?

Since I hit level 10 mining and started using the iron and rich iron mines, mining has gotten insanely difficult, no matter what I do. 9 out of 10 times I fail, and often minigames load that are unwinnable. I finally clawed my way to level 12 and raised my talent from 147 to 193, but I still see no appreciable difference. Neither does using timing jewelry/shards/consumables. This can't be right. I must be missing something, but I don't know what.

Cooking. I'm at level 6, but everything I cook only gives 50 stars, the same number I got at level 50. Is this right? Since there are only 2 minigames used in cooking, and since I have to reach level 10 before the trainer will talk to me (I think), this is going to get insanely, screamingly, mind-numbingly boring. (Read, "I'll just stop doing it.")

Smithing. I'm at level 1 and I need to smith two hammers, but I forget what ingredients I need and I can't figure out where to find that out. Also, when I start the smelting minigame I begin as a smith and end as a miner. O.o? The experience seems to be going to my mining job.

I sure would be grateful for any advice.

ktknek is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Am I mining/smithing/cooking right?

After the last big update I have also had problems with timed mini games. The time runs out faster then before the update. Hopefully this will get fixed with the other bugs soon.

Cooking has been bugged for a long time. I sent in a ticket and was told they are working on it.

Smelting is a part of your miner job. Only the mini game to make the weapons is smithing. When you click the anvil it should bring up the weapons you can make and tell you the things you need to make them.
    <a href=http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17984_2.gif target=_blank>http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...pic17984_2.gif</a>

Maryie is offline Master Gamer

I don't really do those jobs c;
    Maryie
    Insiders

Deltapink is offline Amateur Gamer

I Think One Of The Updates Is Fixing That, I "Think" O_O

Oona is offline Explorer

Thanks so much for your responses. I'm too new to have known what stuff was like a few weeks ago. I feel so much better now. I'll just work on combat and wander around collecting stuff until they fix it. I hope that's soon, because this isn't going to be very appealing to customers. I do hope they can see that this has got to be a bit of a money-loser for them. And I hope they don't bork anything new while fixing the old borked things.

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

Set a goal on one job,and you can do it.I finally got to level 20 ninja.Im working on warrior...
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

Oona is offline Explorer

I don't mean to be rude, Chase, but you can't level when you can't win 9 out of 10 tier 3 minigames. And expecting to reach level 20 cooking with only 50 experience for each minigame is just insane. I would be bone-headed stupid to waste my time that way...

Real life is hard enough. If I wanted insane difficulty, I'd be doing something related to that. :p

firestar63 is offline Master Gamer

I am Chef level 20 and I had to deal with 50 stars per dish. I understand that it is hard, it was very hard for me, but if you just stay focused I'm sure you can do it!