Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

AaronEsko is offline Master Gamer

Default For all you Master Technolog-ists or Players of the Sims 3...

For some reason when I try to play Sims 3 World Adventures I get this error:

And when I try to "update" the game as it says, it always fails again. I also can't click on anything else, and yeah.
    I want to see if I can uninstall FR, then reinstall it, but does anything bad happen when you do that? So, HELP ME!

Thanks,

-AE
    Aaron Esko <Insiders>

(^^Marley! But don't forget Bubba, Buddy, Duke, Jasper, and my other 47 pets!)

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: For all you Master Technolog-ists or Players of the Sims 3...

Quote Originally Posted by AaronEsko View Post
    I want to see if I can uninstall FR, then reinstall it, but does anything bad happen when you do that?
    Nothing except your computer-based customizations are reset. Key Binding, chat settings in the game, etc. Account/Character-wise, nothing.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Zombie Cakes is offline Master Gamer

Before doing this: Back up your game files! This can be a lifesaver if anything where to happen!

Try getting the patch here:
    http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...-3-Patch.shtml

A warning though, I have read alot of problems stemming from this patch and the EP you're trying to install. I had an issue with World Adventures myself (such as my game wouldn't start anymore) and just uninstalled it. I've been waiting for EA to put out another patch that might not be as "glitchy" But because of the mods I have installed in my Sims 3 game, the patches will mess them up

Mods+patch+World Adventures= Trouble
    Last edited by Zombie Cakes; 04-22-2010 at 11:18 PM.

I have far greater things to be accomplishing than catering to your insubordination
    || arт worĸ || тυмвlr|| ѕтeaм || devιanтArt||

ragnorok is offline Explorer

All the customized stuff that you did with FR like Keybinding's, Shortcuts, Etc.will be reset but nothing will happen to your account or character.

Akanah is offline Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by AaronEsko View Post
    For some reason when I try to play Sims 3 World Adventures I get this error:

And when I try to "update" the game as it says, it always fails again. I also can't click on anything else, and yeah.

I actually ran into this problem a multitude of times in the past week. It is by far the most confusing and frustrating thing that I've encountered in a while.

That error window pops up when you've just installed an expansion that is out of sync with the original game content.
    If you look at the way they split up the folder tree, it's by expansion.
    They should be (loosely, depending on your operating system)
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\
    \The Sims 3
    \The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff
    \The Sims 3 World Adventures

From this you can deduce that EA, for some reason decided to have each little expansion they made/make update separately. I'm sure there's some logic behind it.
    Your error is that the .exe file and possibly a .dll file are different versions from your World Adventures.

Your first option to try to fix this is to skip down a little bit to the image and go for those steps.

Another option, in case the update didn't work, is to uninstall The Sims 3...be sure when you do to click on the option that you want to keep your characters/neighborhoods/custom content. No. Really.

If I can remember correctly it went like this.
    (what I ended up having to do)

1. Install The Sims 3 from scratch. Takes maybe 5 minutes for this to happen.
    2. Install World Adventures.
    3. When it asks to update, go ahead and do it. It should pop up almost immediately after saying to install World Adventures. This is an update directly on the CD and you can't install World Adventures without it.
    4. After all that is done, go update your game from The Sims 3 game launcher. This update is from the internet and can take a bit to download. I believe it's about 50MB in size. It also doesn't matter which Sims 3 icon you use, it will always come up with the same launcher.
    5. Update your game through the internet. (See image below)

1. Hit this button first (Game Updates). It might take a second to load. Longer if you accidentally clicked on the button above it lol
    2. Click (Update Now) next. It will ask you to install an EA Download Manager if you haven't already. Go ahead and get it, because otherwise you're going to be fishing around with google trying to find which versions you want to match up. I did this a few times. Trust me, it's a lot easier this way.
    3. This is the EA Download Manager icon. You can do whatever you want with it since it's stupid. You can disable it from starting when your computer boots up.
    4. Get the update. It will read your files and tell you exactly what you need and get it for you. I would un-check automatic updates, though.

* This is your version number for reference.

Once all this is done, and assuming you're using a legitimate copy of the game, it will run. (You DID buy it, right? lol)
    If it doesn't work, then try installing regular sims 3, updating through the internet, and then installing world adventures.

Also, if you have the High End Loft Stuff expansion, it complicates things...a lot. I mean this. This is what I was having a problem with.
    I believe I finally got all three of them to like each other by...

1. Installs regular Sims 3
    2. Install World Adventures
    3. Install High End Loft Stuff
    4. Update via Internet

And if none of that is right, just keep switching around when you update from the internet.
    For some reason, my game would not install correctly when I did Sim3 > High End Loft > World Adventures > Update via Internet

In case it matters I'm running Windows 7 Professional
    I can't think of anything else that might happen at the moment, so I'm going to hit post.

Oh, if you've got Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may want to right click on the icon for the launcher and "Run As Administrator" UAC does a lot of annoying stuff.
    Last edited by Akanah; 04-24-2010 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost