Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elura is offline Master Gamer

Icon5 All questions answered

All questions have been answered - Thank you!

I haven't played Free Realms in a while and it seems some things have changed, and others I think I've just forgotten.

Most importantly, where do I find settings for my private messages in this site? I had four messages in my inbox from a year ago, and two had clickable links with questionable messages, one had a url but it wasn't clickable, and the fourth had an image in it. Is there a way I can have it automatically delete or decline messages with clickable links and/or images as I really don't want to receive any messages like these. I don't mind if it has a url in it that has to be copied and pasted, as that can't cause any harm to my computer as long as I don't visit the site. I would like to set it up to only accept private messages in text format only.

How do I tell which items in my inventory are locked and not sellable to other players? It's nice they have all these icons that mean something, but nothing to explain what the icons mean. I see green locks on some items, but usually they are on items my character is currently wearing, and at least one of these items, a lvl 20 fishing hat, shows a lock when I'm in Adventurer mode but when I'm in Fishing mode, it doesn't show the lock. I noticed some of the items are color coded also, and was wondering if this isn't the indicator as to what items I can sell to other players, what items only paid members can use, etc?

Is there a 'price guide' somewhere that can help me know what my items are valued at so I don't overcharge/undercharge people for items I'm selling?

Are mystery chest items bound to the person who unlocks the chest or are they sellable as well? I received two zoot suits from two chests and don't see the point of having two of these suits since I can only wear one. Also, I recieved a kangaroo mount from one, and was wondering if that is sellable too? I already have plenty of mounts and don't need another.

What are Trackbacks (the box below this one before posting this thread)?

When do member packages get released? Today is already the 10th and I haven't seen a package yet this month.

Any help for these questions would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
    Last edited by Elura; 03-11-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Answered

lev42 is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Some questions...

The green locks mean you can only wear them on that job. Example - Your on the Ninja job, and you can wear the item. But then you change to warrior and then you can't because the item is for the ninja job. Items with the text in blue are redeemed.

There is no price guide.

You can sell mystery chests and the items. However you can't sell a kangaroo mount or mystery keys.

The packages get released later in the month now.

WELCOME BACK TO FREE REALMS!
    Last edited by lev42; 03-10-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    Thanks to the people who made my 4 years on Free Realms special. Hope yall are doin good. See yall down the road.

Thank you for the reply, lev42, and for the welcome back, hehe.

So is there a way to tell which items can be sold to other players though? I know there used to be a way to tell, but I don't remember how. Like I got a bunch of those heart bobbers from the event that just ended, and a few extra's of one of the weapons you get from one of the battles that were only available during the event, and a few extra t-shirts.

I still have some of the t-shirts from the birthday celebration over a year ago, though I imagine they keep putting those same items out with each years celebration? I do remember the t-shirts from the birthday celebration were sellable to other players. Items you get from spins on the wheel, if I remember right, are locked to the individual who won them, but is that still the case? I can't imagine that other players would want to buy the stuff from the spins on the wheel though, so don't see much reason for them to change that anyways. It's pretty much all vendor trash, hehe.

Oh, and one more thing I forgot about. Somehow I ended up with two of the same one of the stranded island lots, but really, what do I need two of them for? Can they be sold to another player or even just sold back to the store? I didn't find an option to sell them, but am thinking if you can't sell them, that it would be nice if eventually they would add a feature that permits you to sell them, so you don't get stuck with something that is totally useless to you. I must have gone on a house buying spree before I left the game, because I have almost every house and lot that is available in the game now, lol.

I had around 1200 SC left too, and didn't realize I was in the SC shop when I went to buy some energy potions, so ended up buying them with my SC, which killed my balance. That took me off guard and I wasn't too happy about that, hehe. Seems like a waste of SC when I could just buy energy potions from the coin shop.

When you put your mouse against an item, it will show up some little stuff about it. It might say 'Cannot Trade'. If it doesn't, its tradeable. And they didn't bring back the different colored winterwear or Valentine's Day shirts, this year we only had the original colors.
    Thanks to the people who made my 4 years on Free Realms special. Hope yall are doin good. See yall down the road.

No houses/lots cannot be sold. And yeah thats a waste. Remember the sc shop has yellow outlining xD

Oh ok, so it shows up in the mouse over, if it's not tradeable. Awesome! Thank you again for your help.

No, it will look like this. Example: Sport Shades

Sport Shades

These shades are extreme!

Resell value: Equippable State:

You Own: Required:

(here is where it MIGHT say Cannot Trade.
    If it doesn't the item is tradeable.)

Its spaced out a little differently then this but you get it. This is when you lay the mouse on the item.

I figured it out. Thanks again!

I have a few more questions as I have been reading some of the sale threads here. What constitutes Old School, Vault, Real Vault, Common Vault, etc? I'm not very familiar with these terms and don't understand them. I have some vague ideas but I don't like to assume anything.

Why are a lot of the newer job items you get Non-tradeable now? Like the Fearless Fisherman Hat and the Aggressive Angler Hat. I don't understand why everything has to be bound to the character instead of being able to swap it out for something else you might want. Kind of annoying when they do this sort of thing. :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast