Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

TechDeck14 is offline Master Gamer

Default Against the rules?

If someone doesn't claim there prize, and the person who gives the prize puts an date that you must claim your prize and they don't get their prize by the end date. Is that against the rules?
    Last edited by TechDeck14; 05-12-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Keith Lifemetal is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Against the rules?

Uhhhh.....what? I didn't Understand a word you just said...lol
    If you are an Insider, I would love to be your friend. All you have to do is sent me a request. I am usually on server 1 so just send me a request and I would be happy to accept!!!

RzlClearWatr is offline Master Gamer

*edited, please be polite. Comments against members spelling or grammar is not required, as we are all at different levels of abilities and learning. -Ashley Preciousfable*

TechDeck14 is offline Master Gamer

Ok for example, a person won a contest and they haven't claimed their prize. I put an end date and they still didn't get their prize. Then, I never give it to them because they didn't claim it by the end date.

Keith Lifemetal is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by TechDeck14 View Post
    Ok for example, a person won a contest and they haven't claimed their prize. I put an end date and they still didn't get their prize. Then, I never give it to them because they didn't claim it by the end date.
    Well then aparently they lose the contast and don't get the prize. of coarse, if they say they will be late or something like that, they COULD get it, depending on what the creator of the contest thinks...

Goodnight! i am PST 9:30 right now...
    If you are an Insider, I would love to be your friend. All you have to do is sent me a request. I am usually on server 1 so just send me a request and I would be happy to accept!!!

I would assume that since you had a "claim prize by date/time" with the contest it wouldn't be against the rules to not give the prize now. Then again, I'm not sure....maybe someone else can chime in with an opinion?

ceres27 is offline Master Gamer

did you inform them they won??coz you should have.. and, if you did, and you put the date until when they should claim the prize, then if they hadnt claim it yet to that day, then i guess you have the stand for the prize to be forfeited

TJ
    <Blood Wolf>
    I am looking for complete, black elite archer and warrior set. PM if selling.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

It would certainly be unfair if you hadn't alerted the member that they had even won. If you don't inform a player of this, then I would assume it would be more unfair than against the rules.
    There is no rule that directly addresses this situation; however, I wouldn't immediately say that it is not against the rules. I've flagged your thread so that we can get a definitive answer from a moderator.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Please send me a private message with further details of this situation.

Speaking on a more general term: If you have created a contest--it is your responsibility to contact this person and make sure their prize is awarded as you promised by creating the thread. Its really not appropriate to offer an item as a prize with a time limit to the claim, as that item should not have any further plans (such as an auction if they do not claim it by the specific time, to use an example) as it is essentially not yours any longer.. You are just holding onto it until the contest winner is selected.

We are not responsible for member held contests or awarding prizes. But we still expect our members to act with the same amount of honesty and respect to each other at all times. That is a rule that should be followed at all areas and times on our site.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.