Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

natalia llama =] is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Ads Not in English?

As you can see here, English is the ONLY language I can speak.
    But, I just saw an ad in another language.
    But, if we only talk in English here why was that ad here?:confused:
    Aww, the confused thing didn't work.. that's a smiley we use on the Bearville Insider..

Aedc is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Ads Not in English?

Because in most countries there is more than one culture living there. A lot of countries like Canada are very multicultural. So just because you speak English does not mean that everyone else does. There very well could be many people where you live that speak a different language or even more than one language. So I hope that explains why the as was in a different language! Cheers!
    "The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." -Gil Stern

Quote Originally Posted by Aedc View Post
    Because in most countries there is more than one culture living there. A lot of countries like Canada are very multicultural. So just because you speak English does not mean that everyone else does. There very well could be many people where you live that speak a different language or even more than one language. So I hope that explains why the as was in a different language! Cheers!
    Yup. And the website you saw it on might just be trying to make or show ads that appeal to more than just english speaking people. That way they might promote their website and make it more well known.

DawnSeastar is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Argetlam View Post
    Yup. And the website you saw it on might just be trying to make or show ads that appeal to more than just english speaking people. That way they might promote their website and make it more well known.
    'The website' was Free Realms Insider. I've seen ads in other languages here as well, mostly spanish..

Quote Originally Posted by DawnSeastar View Post
    'The website' was Free Realms Insider. I've seen ads in other languages here as well, mostly spanish..
    Oh sorry. It didnt occur to me that she was talking about fri. But yes then, its to promote fri and make it more popular to more than just english speakers. I have seen lots of threads and posts that were in different languages. FR's official forum page even has international forums that are in different languages.

natalia llama =] is offline Amateur Gamer

Ok thank you! Please close, it's WAYYY too hard to pick my best answer this time.

i know how to work google translate =]
    Last edited by natalia llama =]; 07-07-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost