Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default What to do when "bad/inappropriate ads" or "spammers" post on our site

Hey everyone,

From time to time you will see spammers on our site. These spammers are going to post links to other sites, or try and sell some product. It will look something like this example:

Hello I am selling you this. Please visit this site. Click my link to buy my stuff!!
    (Don't worry the link I posted is safe - it takes you to the home page). When you see these threads, please do NOT post on them. Just like any other bad thread, it simply puts them to the top of the forum. When you do this, it brings it to the attention of more people, makes it seem much more successful to the company, and may make them continue to post here.

Spam is unfortunately just a part of the process of running/owning a forum now a days. The best way for you to fight it is to report it and move on. Don't post on the thread, don't link it to everyone, don't click the link. Just report it, let the staff know what it is (spam) and we'll deal with it ASAP.

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Firehawk; 03-01-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: What to do when "bad/inappropriate ads" or "spammers" post on our site

Thank you very much for this... this will be helpful when we see such threads or even posts
    Playing DCUO now

Piper is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: What to do when "bad/inappropriate ads" or "spammers" post on our site

Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to report any spammers to you guys if i find any on here.
    Im not pretty, Im not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.
    ~ Katniss Everdeen ~ District 12 tribute

Zoey704 is offline Master Gamer

Thanks, Ashley! I saw a few threads on here, like the ones you just described, the last couple of months, and I didnt know what to do, so I just reported them.
    Signature credit goes to: Stephanie Stonyray (Thanks Stephanie)

Help us help make THIS Christmas Event a success!!

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

This makes a lot of sense , Thanks Ashley

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

theTFH1 is offline Master Gamer

Ok thank you very much Ashley! =)
    Oh hai! I see ur readin meh signature

Quote Originally Posted by thsky View Post
    Spam is unfortunately just a part of the process of running/owning a forum now a days. The best way for you to fight it is to report it and move on. Don't post on the thread, don't link it to everyone, don't click the link. Just report it, let the staff know what it is (spam) and we'll deal with it ASAP.
    Errrrr.... This is sorta what Ashley just said, and you say " we'll " deal with it. But your not a staff member. Or I dont think you are...

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

diamond381 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Claire View Post
    Errrrr.... This is sorta what Ashley just said, and you say " we'll " deal with it. But your not a staff member. Or I dont think you are...
    O_O might be a new one...

Jimienta is offline Pro Gamer

Thanks Ashley (:
    RYAN HIGAAA<333
    School = Sevin cra-ppy Hours of our lives, xD

Not on the list though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast