Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The Painbringer is offline Master Gamer

Default We need to clean up our act, guys

I have noticed something in the past few months. Many people have been starting grudges, mini-modding hypocritically, and just bashing each others names.

I see the problem lying in two places:

-The wave of new people that arrives from the summer
    -The lack of moderators and admins active as members

As for the first point, new people are great. They are how FRI grows and prospers, and without fresh faces this place would get boring. But new people usually take a bit to get the hang of the forum, and several people asking the same question can get quite annoying. But they don't do it maliciously, they do it because they don't have the ability to navigate the forums properly to figure out their dilemma.

We are all guilty of saying very blunt things to new member(my self included) and can be very intimidating. Many of us look at our 3-5 stars under our name as just little gimmicks, but when you post a very attacking post to a "noob" you can be very scary at times.

So one of the things we have to work on is presenting ourselves.

================================================================= ==========

As for what I said about the moderators and admins not being active members, allow me to explain.

We do have a great understanding and responsible staff here, and we should be grateful. But when the staff becomes more of a system than a team then the forum begins to feel the effects.

We can't change the fact that the Admins and Mods and such are working adults and can not be here to play parent 24/7. And when they are here they have to read every single pm, report, and vm they receive. It's hard work. And when I said the staff became a system, I didn't mean they literally don't care for the forum.

We made it the system by being inconsiderate. They would not be so busy if not for us. And I am not talking about the people who report bad posts, you guys are doing fine.

Its the people who require being reported. They can't post like normal members anymore because of the loads of work being sent in for them to clean up. If we want FRI to become more friendly and have contests again, we need to become a community again.

Many of you have grudges on here, and that needs to stop. If you don't like the way someone posts, fine. Then keep away from their posts. No need to let your anger flow with your words.

We need to be the best that we all can be, as far as posting goes. The rules are not that hard to follow. And if they are for you, then there are plenty of forums out there with no rules at all. But trust me, most of those sites are NOT there for long.

================================================================= ==========

My rant is done, read my words as you may, but please, read them at least.
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes
    That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes

GabbyClark1 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: We need to clean up our act, guys

I have been thinking this exact thing, lately. Most people haven't been understanding the "Report and move on without a word" thing, and it has been causing troubles. I read all of what you said, and I understand what you mean. I know what you mean about the admins and mods can't be online 24/7, too. They have lifes outside of this site, and it's hard for them to do everything.
    Spoiler: show
    Check out my poems thread. And no link o.o Find it yourself under the creative writing section o.o

cathearder is offline Pro Gamer

I agree it our responsibility to read the rules and follow them.
    Newbies are usually good about this but we are all responsible to follow the golden rule:
    "how would you like to be treated"
    rules are there for a reason and keep this a safe
    and easy to navigate site.
    If you see real abuse then please use the red triangle and allow staff to deal with it.
    As we have seen it will be dealt with as needed
    Posting as in some recent threads only makes things worse...and a mess for admin to deal with
    I agree, I'd like to see the Admin at more events and having fun

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

My friend,Lyric,made an account on her...Shes horselover1234 and shes not on very much >< She wont read my posts or ect.And I think its kinda wrong...Tho thats right,LL OF IT,.I am just gonna be my crazy self...Which is normal...So I will be helping in my own way.
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

diamond381 is offline Banned

MayB global warming is getting to peoples heads...

MrWhat is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by diamond381 View Post
    MayB global warming is getting to peoples heads...
    Lol.....(?)

3daysgrace is offline Master Gamer

amen painbringer! lol, i have just joined fri in the summer and i have saw some of what u talked about. O_O scarey
    "Stand up for what you believe in even if that means standing alone" ~Andy

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

I remember being a newbie, and being terrified of who turned out to be very nice people because of the 5 stars, Master Gamer status, 2 or 3 green bars, ect xD So I definetly agree with the top part, I don't want to scare off the new members

I never really made the connection, but I suppose that's probably it. Ashley and Firehawk are usually the only staff members I see on often. It's a real treat to see KiKi, Madeline, Fang, all of them.

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Yoshinator is offline Master Gamer

unim still a bit of a newbie here soo i dont reall know how to respond to this but one way only i hope FRI does more contests and less banning of accounts

1st Generation Free Realmer
    3rd Generation Insider

The Painbringer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshinator View Post
    unim still a bit of a newbie here soo i dont reall know how to respond to this but one way only i hope FRI does more contests and less banning of accounts
    People getting banned is a sad thing, but it is necessary all the same. If accounts were not banned, the people that made FRI full of tension and hate would continue to post, and that is no good.

But bans can be for many reason, and discussing them is against the rules. But as long as you READ the rules, you will not have to worry a single bit.
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes
    That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast