Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    TheBananaKing is offline Master Gamer

Default Was the video section intended to be a "Show and Tell"?

Lately, 9 out of 10 videos in the Video section have been off-topic. Nearly all of them are not posted as "OT" and practically all were not created by their posters. Was the video section intended to add on any kind of videos not made by their posters, or related to Free Realms? Finding Free Realms-related videos is near impossible now, because of the mis-labeling as "Music Videos" or "General" instead of "OT". I do not think an Eminem video with foul language is Free Realms-related.

Why do we allow these kind of OT videos? You don't need to post in Videos to post in the forums. If you really want to "Show & Tell" these videos, post their URL's in an Off-Topic forum chat thread.

My proposal is one of to things. One- we could have some moderators go through and label all Non-Free Realms-Related videos as OT; or; have moderators delete all Non-Free Realms-Related videos, and perminantly ban their ability to be posted.
    ....or not. Lol.
    Last edited by TheBananaKing; 03-05-2010 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Acursed Typos...

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Was the video section intended to be a "Show and Tell"?

Free Realms Insider Adds Video Directory!

~ It seemed Kade was cautious around adding OT back then (It was all Free Realms only), but it is allowed now...

- - - - -

Show and tell sounds like exactly what you make a video for... to show and tell something you (or someone else) made. o_o;;

- - - - -

EDIT: Okay, so looking over it, the video directory shouldn't be a mini-youtube. And I agree with the expulsion of OT... (or a workaround - like making OT the first choice in the list and so if you forget to select a type it's OT.) Those who are "up-and-coming Free Realms directors and want a better way to showcase their work" should not have to compete for this to be actuality.

I flagged this thread for safety - as in if this is a appropriate discussion...
    Last edited by EatMonkies; 03-05-2010 at 02:09 AM.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    Free Realms Insider Adds Video Directory!

~ It seemed Kade was cautious around adding OT back then (It was all Free Realms only), but it is allowed now...

- - - - -

Show and tell sounds like exactly what you make a video for... to show and tell something you (or someone else) made. o_o;;
    Yeah, I see why he was cautious, look what happened =_=''
    I really only posted "Show & Tell" as a not-very-thought-through metaphor to make me seem clever.
    With this uprising of OT videos, I really think they should make the section ONLY for Free Realms-Related videos.

Eladwodahs Alim is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by TheBananaKing View Post
    Yeah, I see why he was cautious, look what happened =_=''
    I really only posted "Show & Tell" as a not-very-thought-through metaphor to make me seem clever.
    With this uprising of OT videos, I really think they should make the section ONLY for Free Realms-Related videos.
    I agree. I am sure most parents would not let their children watch eminem vids on YouTube, but they have access to them on Free Realms Insiders?

"Don't forget, we are a family-friendly community so any videos you upload, as with anything else on FRI, must be family-friendly!" - Kade Wolfspotter
    Last edited by Eladwodahs Alim; 03-05-2010 at 03:10 AM.
    Nothing is permanent.

Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Danzigrrrl View Post
    I agree. I am sure most parents would not let their children watch eminem vids on YouTube, but they have access to them on Free Realms Insiders?

"Don't forget, we are a family-friendly community so any videos you upload, as with anything else on FRI, must be family-friendly!" - Kade Wolfspotter
    That only brings up another point. Most people don't CAREFULLY review videos before posting them, which means they may contain offensive language or other bad sorts of things.

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

If a video contains offensive language or bad content - you must report it. We can not go through and review every possible video and continue in other areas of the site. It is just not possible time wise. All of the staff volunteer their extra time to help with the site.

There are pros and cons to the off topic video section. On the one hand - you have a place for all videos that are not free realms related to be posted (perhaps it is a video they made in another game) and not to interfere with the posting of Free Realms videos. That is when it is "working as intended". On the other hand, you will see some inappropriate videos posted once and awhile and the staff have been quick to remove those as we are made aware of them.

What it comes down to is this: Videos that are not related to Free Realms should be off topic and appropriate. But if you find one that isn't, report it so we can deal with it. As we expect with everything else - you need to take some action as well and report these things so we can deal with it and see where the problem is. We just can not be in all places at once.

I can't promise the off topic label will be removed. But we are always looking to improve things and will take discussion like this into consideration - even if changes are not made.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Yeah I did see quite a few of inappropriate videos featured. Even one Tik Tok Parody was taking it too far for FRI. It got taken done when I reported it, thankfully.
    Bananas are awesome. Bananas are yellow. Since, yellow is a banana's color and bananas are awesome, yellow is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Preciousfable View Post
    If a video contains offensive language or bad content - you must report it..
    There's a problem with that. When I tried to report a video with bad language, it said "Video was reported, your browser should automatically direct you", but it redirected me to a "You do not have sufficient priveleges" page. After that, no mods ever even heard of my report. D:

RedCardinal14 is offline Master Gamer

I see some videos that are not good at all. I need to go find those

signature made by ninjablade2000.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCardinal14 View Post
    I see some videos that are not good at all. I need to go find those
    You mean innapropriate, or bad as in un-entertaining? Lol.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast