Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Firehawk is offline Pro Gamer

Icon11 Suggestions: Making Houses and Lots even MORE enjoyable!

I have a few amazing and slightly crazy ideas that would definitely make Houses and Lots more enjoyable!

Quest Builder
    Make your own quest in the comfort of your own home! These quests would involve choosing a pet for the quest-starting character (the character a player talks to to start the quest) and finding a number of Housing Items that you also select. All texting involved in this quest are up to you to choose what they say (Quest title, Quest objective, Beginning speech, Ending speech).
    The quest objective is to find and click all Housing Items on the Goals list. These items are selected by the quest creator while the quest is being created, and become sparkly and clickable during the quest. Goals on the Goals list will appear as "Find the (Housing item name here)." and "Return to (Pet name here)." Prizes are debatable; I personally don't think they should be rewarded to prevent players from getting really easy money, but I also don't think they shouldn't so that there will be something worthwhile about completing the quests.

I really wish I could word all that better, but maybe you're following along with me. Here's some example pictures I made to show how a simple quest would look as a player is taking place in it. I used Kiri, my Treeble, as the quest host. (Also, considering the only way to get a close-up of Kiri was to open the pets menu, I couldn't get a full window picture of the two showing her talking. Sorry.)

If you see this symbol over a pet's head, talk to that pet!

Accept or Decline the quest offer!

Find all items on the list!

Return to the quest hosting pet!

Click "Thanks!" to finish the quest!
    I suppose a similar mechanism could be used to make Beat-the-Clock minigames like races and scavenger hunts.

Visitor Exploration Coins
    You know the Exploration Coins a player can find all throughout Free Realms? Imagine if you could hide at least five coins similar to these at your House or Lot. Other players could try to find all of these coins to test their adventuring skills! These coins could open a new category in your Collections, where you can see how many a player has found and how many they are still missing. Prizes are again debatable.

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think.

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Suggestions: Making Houses and Lots even MORE enjoyable!

Awesome! *=D I've been waiting for something like this forever! Please SoE, please ad it!
    *w*

Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

AMAZING! i love it! pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee, SoE! add it!

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NIEN, WIR SIND DIE JÄGER

Nikky Wolfcrest is offline Master Gamer

Come on, soe, you gotta add it, it's an awesome idea!!!!!!!
    ♥ My Tears Run Down Me Like Knives ♥
    ♥ Stay true to Emo♥

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

It may be more difficult to make this than it seems. There is a count on your profile page that shows all of the unique quests that you have completed. Giving players the ability to create quests is definitely appealing, but can sabotage this count, including the About Me one (which includes repeated quest completions). I'm no technical genius, but I suppose it may be simple enough for them to simply exclude Player-Created Quests (PCQs) from those counts.

But the same issue appears with the possibility of Visitor Exploration Coins. Would it not be possible to simply take an item that you do not use throughout your building and dub it a coin? Hide it in the nooks and crannies and it virtually imitates exploration coins, albeit it misses that sparkle. Perhaps this could be a quest, as well?

To keep the economy balanced, perhaps the rewards could be items from the creator him/herself. Unfortunately, this would obviously be a problem for the creator if too many players complete the quests, but I suppose that's at their own will. A storage, of sort, of the possible rewards, one picked at random for the quester? Once empty, the quest disappears. The reward may appear as a "Mystery Gift". Who doesn't love a mystery?

Details aside, player-created content is always good. Excellent editing, by the way.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Those would be great ideas, although I'm sure the staff at SOE would have a hard time at releasing player-created content...

I like the great editing too.
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Annie Hawkclaw is offline Master Gamer

Geat idea, and AWESOME PICS! (I could never do that, lol )

Spoiler: show

(Also known as Annie, Green, or Froggy)

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Wow! You have an amazing creativity streak going there! Fantastic ideas!

Torak Lin is offline Pro Gamer

Indeed, it's a very good idea.
    You're very creative and I hope you will suggest more ideas.

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

Wow! How did you do those pictures?????????

~ ​KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast