Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suggestion:Chat on FRI?

Can we make a like-chat on FRI not like Visitor Messages?Example:If some friends online we choose their name and we can chat with them?
    P.S: Post your comment

K-ON!
    I don't suggest you to open the following spoiler. I think it'll explode! Run!
    Spoiler: show
    Silly you, why did you open the spoiler? Haha.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Suggestion:Chat on FRI?

You mean like a IM (Instant Messenger - EG: MSN) system?

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

I'm guessing you mean like the Free Realms chat system? That may be difficult to do, and it really is no different from the current system except that you may need to refresh the page to view the comment.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    You mean like a IM (Instant Messenger - EG: MSN) system?
    Umm?Yeah Sorta that

K-ON!

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Okay, well, it would be bigger then just simple MSN (terms are too hard to come by for this) of course.

I have seen a "live chat system" on vB forums though... but I would assume it is very hard to maintain, a staff member would have to be constantly watching it to make sure no violations of the rules happen, and you can't be able to have "private conversations" other then whispers between those on the system. Idk if it would be something Kade/Clarie would be into since I don't think i've seen it on WI... not sure though,

doesn't hurt to ask...

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

RzlClearWatr is offline Master Gamer

well, in vBulletin they have a chatbox that you can purchase (sorta pricey). in other forums from vBulletin, they have chatboxes and are moderated by staff. It can also be programmed to have a trivia mode and competitions. I had a lot of fun [in the other forums] with this system.

Claire Goldenbeach is offline Amateur Gamer

There is a chatbox available through vBulletin and we actually tried it on WI way back in the early days. We had it up only one day before the traffic caused our site to crash. It just consumed way too many server resources. I'm sure Kade could give you more of the technical detail.

It's a great idea though, unfortunately I don't foresee it in our future due to past experience.

Keep the ideas coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Goldenbeach View Post
    There is a chatbox available through vBulletin and we actually tried it on WI way back in the early days. We had it up one day before the traffic caused our site to crash. It was just consumed way too many server resources. I'm sure Kade could give you more of the technical detail.

It's a great idea though, unfortunately I don't foresee it in our future due to past experience.

Keep the ideas coming!
    Sounds like it was a definite hit... I think it hit too hard. o_o That's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Goldenbeach View Post
    There is a chatbox available through vBulletin and we actually tried it on WI way back in the early days. We had it up only one day before the traffic caused our site to crash. It just consumed way too many server resources. I'm sure Kade could give you more of the technical detail.

Keep the ideas coming!
    That means,to chat,we gotta buy it?

K-ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Free Realms View Post
    That means,to chat,we gotta buy it?
    It means that they can't add the system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast