Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Firehawk is offline Pro Gamer

Default Suggestion: Characters should automatically dance to the Stereo, too!

There's three types of items that I know of that play music: The boomboxes, the Mega Dance Floor, and the Stereo. They're all great, and I love how characters and their pets dance by themselves (without using Emotes) while next to or on them... at least with the boomboxes and Mega Dance Floor. The Stereo does not offer this small yet enjoyable feature. But why not? I really think it should!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a picture of a Stereo Housing item:

I own two of these Stereos (Yes, the one in the picture is one of these two, the other I got for free on my FreeRealms Profile page.) I don't know why I'm telling you how many I have, because that's not helping me prove my point... Anyway, as you can see, the Stereo is on, but my character isn't dancing. How come he can feel the groove with other items that play the same music, but not with the Stereo?

I personally think that the FreeRealms crew should edit the script of this item so that characters and pets dance when they are near it, like with the boomboxes and Mega Dance Floor.

...Or maybe I'm just being silly. Maybe the Stereo was made only so the players that own one can eliminate the eerie silence of their home, and a character doesn't dance when near it so that the boomboxes and Mega Dance Floor are more worth the money?

I don't know. I just think the Stereo would be a much better item if it made characters and pets dance like the boomboxes and Mega Dance Floor do. Surely someone on this Forum agrees with me!

Abiagail Coralmusic is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Suggestion: Characters should automatically dance to the Stereo, too!

I agree with you on those
    I am a Tribute(fan) of the Hunger Games Trilogy. I am a HG Adict and I loved the movie. I am Team Peeta!
    THE HUNGER GAMES LEGEND BEGINS!

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Suggestion: Characters should automatically dance to the Stereo, too!

A lot of people dance at parties, but not as many (when anyone is looking) do so in the privacy of their home. When I am at my house I am usually working on something, and prefer not to be distracted by my danceing feet.

I think I have a solution that would satisfy all of us. Add an entry into the options menu that would allow us to toggle dance on/off. On = always dance to music; Off = never dance. It shouldn't be that hard to do. We can toggle trades and duels on/off. Why not dance?

Would that work?

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

I think Layla has a great solution. I understand what you are saying and at first I was so disappointed that I couldn't dance to my stereo but now I have decided it is kind of nice. I can have music to work on my house but not get frustrated with a moving body.

TheFlyingTurtle is offline Master Gamer

Great idea Layla! I totaly think that could work. I would always keep mine ON. I love to have have Apartment parties, Mine is the best fit for a party.

Free Smiles for taking!
    IGN: James Bigpeach

poisoneh is offline Explorer

I agree with this idea, I've always thought it was weird that we didn't dance next to the stereo too and it bugged me so much lol..

-Jet Blackheart
    -Snorting Pixie Dust

Firehawk is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph View Post

I think I have a solution that would satisfy all of us. Add an entry into the options menu that would allow us to toggle dance on/off. On = always dance to music; Off = never dance. It shouldn't be that hard to do. We can toggle trades and duels on/off. Why not dance?

Would that work?
    Yeah, that sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTurtle View Post
    Great idea Layla! I totaly think that could work. I would always keep mine ON. I love to have have Apartment parties, Mine is the best fit for a party.

Free Smiles for taking!
    You're making me want to visit it. Haha... Maybe I'll get on and attempt to add a James Bigpeach. Maybe you'll be on to accept. Maybe then I'll raid your house. Maybe I'm just kidding about that last part.
    Last edited by Firehawk; 06-14-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost